Friday, September 12, 2008

Holiday!

Elle, Bao and Flo is finally back from Bali on Tuesday...it's really good to see the girls in town...though they actually just went for a 4-days trip...ooops! Hahaha...lol

And looking at their pictures makes me regret that I didn't join them on the trip...coz no leave and have training on last Friday...haiz... =X

Well, never mind...I will go there next time...perhaps with a hunk ya? Muahaha...lol *wink*
Showing you some of the photos the girls took from their trip...just look at this sunset!!! *Awww* What a beautiful 'egg yolk' at dawn...mesmerizing... *hmmm*
...一切完美,只因有你... =)

The travelling bug is creeping up again and truly thank God for making this happen to me again. Coz though I missed the Bali trip...I am blessed with a family trip to Ho Chi Minh end of this month...WOOHOO! =DD

The trip was only made a few days back when my travelling friend, Chor Cheng, whom I know from my Europe trip last year, informed me about the recent Tiger Airways promotion of a S$0.04 air tickets to certain destination. So immediately I checked for the details.

What's more is that this promotion comes at such a perfect timing as my dad happened to return home end of the month. Since my whole family rarely see each other and get together ever since Dad starts working in China almost 10 years ago, our family trips or gatherings are almost impossible to happen. Thus, I take this chance and suggest to my parents......and guess what we ended up going to Ho Chi Minh for a short family holiday! YEAH!!! =D

And the best part is yet to come. I was rejected for a hotel booking as the room that we want is already fully booked. Not knowing how the situation of accomodation booking is like at Vietnam as this will be my first time there, I panicked a little. I want to make this trip relaxing for my parents as they hardly go to such a foreign place without in a group tour. I want to make it perfect for them.

Immediately, I turned to help a friend of mine who used to travel to HCM pretty often last time. All I actually asked from him is to advice me on which hotel he knows of and for recommendations and what to look out for when I choose the hotel. Yet, his reply is a nice surprise as he offers to help me book the tickets...at his corporte rate of S$60 per night! The price was absolutely attractive as the room rate for the initial hotel that rejected my booking is more than S$170! So now, with his help, I have actually saved up about S$400! WAHHH!!! =D

Honestly, I never thought I would be able to travel much this year after burning my wallet and my bank account last year over the 36-days Europe trip, a childhood dream that I have make it come true. And now looking back this year and the plans ahead, I have and will be going to 6 countries this year...in which 5 out of 6 of them are my very first time being there!

#1: WUXI

Period: 30 Dec 2007 - 1 Jan 2008

My very first overseas work trip as I went there to the client's warehouse for the year-end stock taking for our audit. I landed (for the first time too) at the Shanghai Putong International Airport, travel on the private car for another 3 hrs before reaching to the heart of Wuxi, a well-developed industrial area with many expats from Japan, Korea, and especially Singaporeans working there as well in the Wuxi-Singapore Industrial Park.

Most remembered for:

  1. Being my FIRST overseas work trip!
  2. Being the coldest New Year countdown I have ever been through -- at -4 Cecius degrees and strong winds blowing on the streets at night.
  3. The yummilicious Wuxi pork rib (sweet and juicy)!
  4. The cheapest yet delicious Korean BBQ as the last dinner for 2007.
  5. The first time I count down to New Year Day by myself, without my usual close friends around, in a completely foreign land!
  6. My first free trip (for air tickets and accomodation and even some of the meals and transports!) by the company! =P

#2: HONG KONG

Period: 7 - 10 March 2008

Blessings from my parents as they paid for my air tickets for me to go to reunite with them for this special occasion, catered specially for family to get together. =) I rushed right after work in the morning and head down straight to the airport to take the afternoon flight...just in time for the traditional family reunion dinner! With Shuhui coming along with me, I planned an itinerary for her and revisited Tai O Village, one of the fishing village that I have not been back here ever since I migrated to Singapore! Great memories indeed...hahaha...lol

Most remembered for:

  1. Family reunion dinner @ airport. The word "F-A-M-I-L-Y" speaks it all... =)
  2. Trip with Shuhui...needs to take care of my guest.
  3. Tai O Village -- a place I have yet to return after more than 15 years...
  4. Dongguan Ladies Street...gosh this is so SO much cheaper than the HK ladies street! =P
  5. HK food...something I missed and will never be sick of it!
  6. The peak, the victoria harbour,...oh I love them!

#3: TAIPEI & KAOSIUNG, TAIWAN

Period: 30 June - 10 July 2008

This is my FIRST mission trip!!! =D Helping out at 2 youths camp we organised with collaboration with the local churches there. The Taiwanese youths are truly on fire for God and everyone is totally enjoying themselves in the P&W session, the games and so eager to hear the preaching by Pastor Kong! The trip has edify my faith too as there are many encounters with God through the trip...these are experiences that I will never forget as God becomes so real to me at those moments. It is true that only if you are willing, he will show to you at the perfect timing. Gosh...I love and want more mission trips! =DD

Most remembered for:

  1. Being my FIRST mission trip that will open me to more mission trips to come!
  2. Many unforgettable encounters with God as I serve in all the areas where needed during the trip.
  3. Witness the passion and feel the hunger of the Taiwanese youth for more of God's presence and His Words in their lives that moved me to reflect on my own spiritual growth, my attitude towards God, and edify me to stand firm in my faith and belief.
  4. Being my FIRST trip to the land God has opened doors for us to go, to the food and shopping paradise, to the vibrant nightlife at the night markets, and to the friendly hospitalities of the locals...and that's all happen in Taiwan! =D

#4: HO CHI MINH, VIETNAM

Period: 28 Sep - 1 Oct 2008

A family outings overseas and out of China and HK for more than 10 years. The more busy we are, the more costly our leisure time will become for us. So this trip is very precious to me and my family. I miss my dad so much. I want to make this trip perfect for them (especially their birthdays fall at the end of Sep and at the beginning of Oct). I also want to challenge myself that I am capable of organising a great trip for my parents...I realise how tedious it can become and I feel so bad that I must have tired my friend out for the planning last year over the Europe trip...so sorry manz... =X

Can't wait for the trip because:

  1. It is a family holiday trip!
  2. My FIRST time to Vietnam!
  3. My FIRST time taking Tiger Airways...if not for the promotion I probably won't take it! =P
  4. To see the Cu Chi Tunnels and the War Remnant Museum to experience and witness the damages and cruelty done for this Vietnam War.
  5. To Mekong Delta (if can find the day trip there) to experience the beauty of the floating fishing market.

#5: PHUKET

Period: 10 - 12 Oct 2008

This year is special for my company is bringing us to Phuket for retreat...plus dinner and dance! =DD I have never been to Phuket and I have ALWAYS wanted to go there...for the beach, for the sun, for the sea! What's even more wonderful is that we are going to stay in the 5 star hotel -- Millenium Hotel. Nothing's going to beat such a great offer!

Can't wait for the trip because:

  1. This is my FIRST time to Phuket!
  2. This is my FIRST time whereby I have an oversea dinner and dance!
  3. For the sun, for the beach, for the sand, for the sea, for the....... =)

#6: SKUDAI

Period: 8 - 10 Dec 2008

This shall be my second mission trip, the original one and only trip I have planned to go right from the beginning this year in substitution to Taiwan mission trip because of my tight budget. Yet, right before this trip I was already given so many opportunities to go overseas! 2 trips paid by company, 2 trips blessed by my parents, and only 2 trips I paid for myself! I can't wait for another chance to serve God in another place!

Can't wait for the trip because:

  1. This is my second mission trip...another time to serve God in the mission field!
  2. It is really great to see great revival in another place outside Singapore, to see and be part of God's work outside.
  3. Oh I just love going on mission trips! =D

What more can I say...I AM VERY VERY BLESSED! =DD *grinz*

No comments: