Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Turning Point

There is a stir in my stomach right now. And the cause of it......has nothing to do with the recent milk scare.

This morning I got a surprise from F, one of the partners in my company. Never being under any of his job, I was called to see him at his office. Gosh...what have I done in the office?!!!

Was I caught for playing games and watching video in the office during the trainings?
(but EVERYONE was doing the same thing!)

Did I offend any of the clients whose job I had done in the past?
(well...very unlikely as I have never being aggressive to anyone)

Is he going to kick me out of the firm because I was not assigned for any jobs recently?
(that's should not be the reason as I was not the one who do the job planning...this is not the reason to fire me!)

Wait a minute...why am I so scare of seeing him???!
(is this some kind of guilt?)

Well, since there is no other way out, I ran to his room to see him.
F: "You are Christine?"

C: "Yes."

F: "How long have you been working in the firm?"

C: "Since last July."

F: "Oh that's very long. How come I never see you around? What jobs have
you done so far?"

C: "Erm...ya...coz I have never under your job I guess.
Erm...well...Cityneon...MI Holdings...Euromonitor..."

F: "I see. You see our company needs a balance in the two groups, Group A
& B. Right now, Group A has too many staff under it. (Silence) So
we need to relocate some of the staff to the other group. (Silence)
Your name was mentioned and I was thinking of relocating you to the other
group. (Silence) So I just want to let you know about this. You
have any comments to make?"

C: "Oh...(silence)...erm...would you know which partner I will be
under? Am I still in the Singapore team or...?"

F: "I don't know yet as it is still in the process of many decision making.
Might be RC. He handles both local and China jobs. (Silence) You have
never been on job to China? (Silence) But are you comfortable with job
in chinese or going to China?"

C: "(Nervous) I have been to China for stocktaking once last year. (Silence) Erm...still okay for me...(regretting what she just say)..."

F: "Very well then...I will tell you more about the final decision when
things are confirmed."

C: "Okay. (Leaving the room...feeling super uneasy right
now)
"

Okay...let me just clear all the main points in my head -- transfer to Group B, might be assigned to China jobs -- but WHO is my partner and manager?? I don't even know who are the partners in Group B except for one, the one who everyone fears of, the rudest of all, and...gosh please I don't want to be under him!!! =X

As for local or China jobs...well...if it is for a short term (1-2 wks) I won't mind gaining some working experience in China. Yet if it is for 1 mth or more...I think I will miss my friends, my church and cell group, my home, my TV, my bed, my neighbourhood...who cares if Punggol is a place where even birds won't lay eggs! I love it here! *cry* =S

And for a moment, I feel totally NOT right. This is not myself thinking. What are all these depressing thoughts all about?!

Unwillingly, I start to think of the goodness about the change...even if it means finding a needle in the ocean...oh wells... =P

1) If I am ever assigned to China jobs, I will be given allowances. Lots of savings can be done since there aren't much chances for me to spend there anyway!

2) Even if I have to come under the worst boss in the firm, fear not for this will also be a chance to learn. Remember what Darren taught us from the Wheel of Life seminar? --> Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. ~ Albert Einstein

3) This will be good on my resume also...some overseas working experiences...yupz...

Well, let's just see this change as a chance or a turning point in my life. Whether the outcome is better or worse, I shall be the one who make it happen for myself.

Remember everything has a purpose behind...for this is certainly in God's plan for me too.

Thank you Jesus for the change...I put my trust in You always... =)

No comments: