Sunday, May 04, 2008

What to do until love finds you...

"What To Do Until Love Finds You" by Michelle McKinney Hammod is the book that I am currently reading. It is simply a book that is meant to prepare oneself in the search for The One God has planned in our lives, and make this time of waiting productive, joyful and exciting.

I like the way she shares her experiences and points of views very frankly and straight to the point. It reminds me of how impatient I would feel for the late arrival of the Mr Right and the temptation to enter pre-mature relationships. I believe and honestly don't want to be alone. I want to have a partner to share my life with and together we would find the joy in serving God and building a family that would glorify him. For this is my ultimate dream and desire in life too.

Honestly, I don't really like to do a book review here yet I hope to share how great this book can be for all single Christian women out there. I still remember that talk at night till 3am with some of my cell group members at Esplanade about getting into a relationship. After all, pastor is emphasizing on relationships this year and there are still so many singles in our church...hahaha...lol

Okie just 1 passage...hope I have not breached the copyright rule ya? :P

"Restored to Love, Again

God does not want to keep making sweet potato pie out of our messy lives. Some might say, "Well, at least he was able to make pie out of it," but think how much sweeter the pie would be minus the sour ingredients of residual consequences. If marriage truly is your goal, start being honest with yourself today. Take a look at those repetitious patterns, figure out what your role is in making them happen, repent, and break out of it. Remember, the truth is what sets us free!

And don't give up on yourself. After all of Samson's mistakes he is still listed in the book of Hebrews' "hall of faith" with the mighty people of God. So don't allow the enemy to make you think your mistakes are unredeemable and that you've missed your opportunities. God knew when you would finally get it, and He saved that special man for such a time as this. No time has been wasted in God's perfect design for your life -- He simply allowed you to kill a couple of Philistines along the way.

Fortunately, you can be wiser than Samson and not end up annihilating yourself in the temple of repeated mistakes. You can say:

I am free
free to love as never before
throwing open windows and doors
rejoicing in my wholeness
I see clearly as I run with purpose
choosing the right road
no longer stumbling over my own neediness

I move
even paced
head high shoulders back
heart firmly in place
making choices with my head
not from my heart
ignoring the demands of the flesh
I stretch my spirit and respond to God's voice
running eagerly towards his instruction
caught up in His potent promises
I am bound to Him
a willing love slave
yet freer than I've ever been
finding the lost pieces of myself
I foolishly gave to others
casting pearls before the swine
once weeping
over the trampled pieces of my heart
I am now restored to give again
to one more deserving . . .

I discover I am lost in Him
only to be found in the truth
stronger than ever
ready to love better
because now I have more to give
and I will give
carefully
abudantly
and only at His leading
and in that understanding
I rest
I fly
I am free!"

No comments: