Monday, May 26, 2008

Speak the WORD!

Guess who we are? =p

You are right manz...the 3 pretty ladies! =D Hahaha...lol *bleah*

I have a great experience with God to share this week. More to personal feelings so you might not understand that impact on me. But it sure touched me deep in my heart and edifies me a lot. My God is 100% alive! =D

If you don't agree with me, I will strongly advice you to say a simple prayer to him to ask him to show himself to you. And if you are willing to open to that suggestion without doubt, I am certain he will find his way to appear to you...yeah... *wink* ;)

Here it goes (a little long with intro..hehe...=p):

Last Friday Bro Darren finally returned from his mission trip from Indonesia and he leaded our cell group once again. After the praise and worship, he started to preach to us about prayer, which is a continual from the last time he lead us.

He talked about speaking in tongues is a mean to bring us to the our destination and into the supernatural realm. He continued that God already has a plan for us before we are borned. For in Jeremiah 1:4-5,

"The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.'"

Some of our destiny is yet to be seen because it is in the spiritual realm. We need to bring it out, or change our natural reality in order to see it!

So 3 ways to do it:

1) Get a WORD from the Holy Spirit;

2) SPEAK the word;

3) SEE the word in our imagination.

From Jeremiah 1:6-12

"Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me:

'Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out and to pull down, to destroy and to throw down, to build and to plant.'

Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying 'Jeremiah, what do you see?'

And I said, 'I see a branch of an almond tree.'

Then the Lord said to me, 'You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.'"

In Gensis 13:14-16, God asked Abraham to see and imagine what he will promise to give him everything that he sees there and for his descendants. God gives us the imagination so that we won't be limited to what we see in the reality. And together with the Holy Spirit, God will eventually give us what we see in our imagination.

We ought to learn to see God bigger in our daily prayers. He is just waiting for our signal to perform his work for us, that is the signal to tell him what you see and whether you are ready to receive it from him.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us..." ~ Ephesians 3:20

So after our the message, Bro Darren guide us to pray to God for the word in our life as we lift our hands and spoke in toungues. Picturing the current situation in my life, the problems I had at work, abd with the desire to make a change, solve the problem and improve the situation, I started to ask God for the word to help me. I told God that I believe just one word from Him and it will make a lot of difference. For sometimes I know I am too blind to see clearly the way to exit from the mess I am in...

So as I keep praying, there was a strange feeling or instinct to urge me to open the bible. And at that same moment, Bro Darren was encouraging to flip the bible too if you believe God has spoken to you the word.

Yet because of my lack of confidence and confusion, I hesitated for quite a while and in my mind I keep thinking:

Is it just my own imagination or did God really ask me to flip the bible?

But which chapter and which verse? I don't know!

What if I open my bible and don't see the word the would enlighten me?

How would I feel then?

Disappointed that God did not speak to me?

Or believe there is nothing to be done?

Or think I am really not smart enough to understand what God wants to tell me?

Hahaha...now I think it is ridicule that I can think so many things just because of a word. But ya I could be of so little faith and low confidence back then. Yet, desiring to see the word I asked for, I remember I said to God "If this is really you telling me to flip the bible, let the first verse I see in it be the one you want to let me see."

So a little shaking, while many others are still praying in toungues around me, I turn around, picked up the bible from my chair, and randomly just open the bible. My finger and my eye landed on this verse in Proverbs 8:14-17:

"Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom;

I am understanding, I have strength.

By me kings reign, And rulers decree justice.

By me princes rule, and nobles,

All the judges of the earth.

I love those who love me,

And those who seek me diligently will find me."

You know when something addresses straight to the issue of the matter of your heart, you know it feels like your heartbeat has just stopped for a few seconds? That's exactly how I feel the moment I read this and understand what to do next. Everything flows perfectly, the relief, the knowledge, the joy...it feels as if the time has just stopped for my sake in my own world. My eyes were watery and tears just streamed down my cheeks. I don't what it is manz...tears of joy to see the word? Or tears of relief for I feel free? Or tears of gratitude that I know God hears my prayer and I feel him with me ever so strongly, comforting me...?

Well, I cannot explain that feeling, and I guess no one can understand or feel better just by reading what I just illustrated. You may say it is just a coincident. I don't disagree with you. For me, coincidents just happen to happen whenever I pray in strong faith. And we know, for all the Christians, that these are no coincidents but God's work and his answers to our prayers!

It is the encounter with God, the experience I have with the Holy Spirit that truly makes me stronger and edify me in my faith. He doesn't change my situation for me...he changes me to change my situation. :)

No comments: