Monday, August 25, 2008

Value = Social & Economic Cost / Emotional & Functional Cost? Or Vice Versa?

With the increase in GST, oil price, rice cost, utilities bills, petrol price, ERP, road taxes, bus fares, MRT fares, . . . . . . how does the inflation affecting you even when your salaries stay the same? How you are going to manage your finances now will be the key to your success!

I don't believe myself to be someone with good financial management skills. Yet, the values of each individual things are priced by ourselves. I have my own pricing system too. What about yours? =)
#1: Food from the Zhu Cha Stall @ 83 Genting Lane

This is the place where I have my lunch for more than a month daily in the beginning of the year ever since I am assigned to work on Cityneon's audit...and now we are back here again to do their June audit review!
What is my value for their food here? Let's see...

1) Being greatest food so far out of the Aljunied industrial area...
2) Being a place I am not entirely sick of even though I ate here for over a month DAILY...
3) Being a stall that sells low prices of Chinese, Western and even Japanese food...
4) Being my best look forward place to go during the long work hours...

...I guess I will put an 8/10 for this place! =)
#2: Fellowship @ Ah Chiew Dessert Stall along Liang Seah Street

Last year we came here more often as our cell group was held at the building just next to the famous food street, Liang Seah Street. Ah Chiew Dessert Stall was then our most favourite supper place right after for a good time of fellowship.

This time we are back here after our service...with almost the similar group of members plus some new friends. Oh well...I miss their MANGO POMELO SAGO!!! *yummy yum yum* =D For a nostalgic person like me...this place is somewhere I will miss too....

1) For a place where I enjoy great fellowship with my church friends, my family in Christ...
2) For a place where I found the dessert from my birthplace in the heart of Singapore...
3) For a place that produces the best MANGO POMELO SAGO ever...

...you represent 9/10 for the feeling inside my heart...#3: Cell group newest member baby McKayla!

This is Isaac and Dom's new born and they brought her over during cell group on Thursday night. She has been very obedient that night as she just lay in Isaac's arm and in her sweet sleep...she is TOTALLY ADORABLE! =DD

This Saturday will be her full month's celebration...gosh how fast it is that she is already a month's old! =) Thank you Isaac and Dom for inviting us to celebrate this joy together! =D

Baby McKayla, you will certainly have our 10/10 welcome to our big family! *muackz*

#4: Hanging out at the pubs with the girls!

Well, just don't be mistaken we don't always pub...hahaha...oh well though for a while we love the Timbre so much so that they went there weekly for close to a month (and I was not there for any sessions at all....sadz.... =X)

Today we are here at Cafe Iguana throwing a small birthday celebration for Flo right after our bible studies! =D We ordered some tasty Mexican food and snacks as well as trying out their signature Mexican beer Red Iguana Lager (their house beer)...not bad at all! =D

Perhaps you will like a mug for yourself? *wink*

Most important thing is still the great fellowship with them. The casual chit-chatting, the giggling at the jokes, the serious talk over some current affair issues (is there??), and the slight preview of the questions asked in SOT, kindly made by Chau according to her past experience and the confirmation from Ellouise after she shared to us about what she did and learnt from SOT this year...
[Note: School of Theology (aka SOT) is the school I will enrol to in 2010...yeah...lol]
Well, if you ask me what I would want to bring with me if I were to die tomorrow *touchwood*, these are certainly one of the moments I want to bring along with me! (10/10!!!) =DD

No comments: