Friday, June 29, 2007

Europe Trip: France > PARIS!!! (feat. Eiffel Tower...13/05/07)

Guess where I am when I am taking this photo?
(Hint: Take note of the shadow on left...)
YES! I'm finally inside the Eiffel Tower! :D
The view is spectacular on top of the Eiffel Tower, overlooking Paris...I still remember how excited I was inside the Eiffel Tower coz I was no longer watching it from TV or magazines, but to be here physically...seems to me a dream come true... *smile* Trying to pose for a photo on top there, but it was juz so windy and cold...if I put on a wider smile my lips are sure to crack... :( Remind me of the chinese idioms:
夕阳无限好,只惜在黄昏。。。

The shadow shall be able to tell you how tall Eiffel Tower is...

There is also a small display room up on top of the Eiffel Tower, showing some old folks discussing about this building in the past.

On the third level lobby area, you will notice this stretch of flags all around above the window.

The words beside each flag will tell you the name of the country, and exactly how far it is away from the Eiffel Tower at the point where you are standing. Well, that's quite a lot of information but...I wonder how they managed to calculate and come up with that figure there... *thinking*

You know, when you cannot afford to buy something, you should juz take a photo of it! :P

Looking down from the lift while descending reminds me of roller coaster ride, especially when the lift don't go straight down but a slight curve towards the end.

View of the majestic Eiffel Tower from the bottom. :)

The field below the Eiffel Tower is actually quite pretty too! :)

Our tour guide brought us to the open square opposite the Eiffel Tower to take a few nicer photos of the building.

Well, I have no idea where we are as well... :P

Eiffel Tower finally lights up as the sun is setting (which is 9.30pm at night in summer).

Here's our tour guide, Jelle! (pronounce as yell-le)
He's a Dutch and is actually 1.99m tall! Not too bad looking, always has his signature fluffy curly hair on which makes him look quite cute. :P He is very humourous and funny and nice too! I think I called him many time during the trip as my friend and I often got lost while we explore the city on our own...hahaha...wonder if he can still remember us if there is a chance we meet again next time... :P

When he's helping one of us to take a photo of the Eiffel Tower, he made this pose that we are all very amused by his pose and his fitness! Hahaha...lol At 10pm, the lights on the Eiffel Tower lit up and the whole structure glitters in the dark! It is juz stunning! Well, I don't know if this picture can tell much of its aesthetic to you guys... *shrug*

After the tour at the Eiffel Tower, our coach drive us around Paris to have a city illuminations night tour. It was close to midnight at that time and everywhere is pretty quiet. Paris at night is lovely, and truly romantic...I'm loving it! *blush*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iNtEREStiNG StUff.. i l0VE tHiS PAGE :)