Sunday, December 09, 2007

LIME Flea Market @ Scape! (08/12/07)

LIME Flea Market @ Scape (Youth Park)!
This is the very first time I am setting up my own flea market stall...so blessed with such a great chance to do something new in my life...praise the Lord! :D
My main products are simply secondhand ladies clothes and accessories. Most of them are mine while some are collected from Shu Hui and Yingz...so as you can see there are lots to sell.
Thanks to Ye Hui whom came down early in the morning to help me set up the stall. It was not as simple as I thought because you need to plan nicely the way you want to present your products so that people will be attracted to them.
Thank God that my house seemed to be well equipped with materials that I can make use of:
  1. Garment rack (use for my ironed working clothes);
  2. Accessories stand (magazine rack that I reorganise and turn it upside down);
  3. Scrunches stand (toilet paper roll wrapped with aluminium foil)

Be creative! *wink* :P

That's MY stall! :)
Thank you to Yingz sweetie who promise to help me out with this despite she had to make sacrifices for her project...love you dear! :)
I am just glad to maintain the stall with her and to keep me company. Hope we can do this together again and make our plans come true. Thanks to Chorcheng for coming down to give me her support too...really glad to catch up with my travel mate! :))

Yingz & Me! Thank God for having you as my best friend in my life... :)

Even selling at a flea market is not as easy as it seems. There are plannings for me to do, items to select for sale, and preparations to make everything looks great. And even with many things sort out, there are always little surprises that will make things tough for me. Today's rain is one good example of this. I am sure next time I will have a plan and cover ready if such thing happens again.

The selling experience also allows me to see the reality of the purchasing trend of the flea market crowd. Clothes, unlike on ebay or other online shops, they are very hard to sell. My bags and accessories are the popular items for today, making the main portion of my profit. Some of the bags are even the ones I bought from China and HK at a very low price. Today, they are sold at a gross profit margin of 50% and above on individual account! Praise the Lord! :D

I really have to thank God for this great opportunity for me to learn to be an owner of a stall at the flea market. Through this, many valuable lessons for me through this 1-day event. Even as I go home after the flea market, there are already business plans made in my head -- my flea market business!

After discussing it with Yingz, they become so much more solid now. Flea market has low start-up cost and ideal locations for the shoppers crowd. It does not need much time commitment, which is perfect for both of us as a part-time job while we handle our routine work and studies. Customers are mainly price sensitive people and hence our focus will be placed on the pricing and differentiation. So what I make use of now is the blessed connection I had with China and that my parent is always stationed there, meaning easier for me to get the products from China! Hahaha...I suppose my mum would love doing shopping there too since she is so free in China...heehee...lol

I am now looking at Holland Village flea market and also the next round of LIME Flea market application. Yet I still cannot find how and who to contact. If anyone knows anything about the flea market in Singapore, let me know! :)

Well, I guess today it is the best marketing and business lesson learnt for me! I am sourcing out for the flea market booth application contacts now and soon when I go China end of this month, I will look out for the bags again. Sounds good ya? I am so looking forward to it! :D

There's, though, just one question in my head: God, is this what you want me to do?

Coz I really hope to rely on you and not myself. I am not sure if I hear the correct voice. And I know I will not have that confidence to venture out without you...

No comments: