Sunday, January 27, 2008

Europe Trip: UK > London! (07/06/07...feat. Wimbledon, Tower Bridge)

YES this WAS something from last year and I haven't even finished blogging about it! Gosh...and I am just too busy (meaning too lazy...hehe..lol) to blog about it now. Oh well, look for yourself because pictures say a thousand words ya? :P
This is the good brother and friend who take care of people...and cook their meal! :)
I must just praised him more for his great hospitality manz...hahaha...lolThis is the day when I finally return back to London after the long 18-days backpacking tour. I was to stay in London for just a while more till I am leaving again on the next night to Edinburgh, Scotland by an overnight bus.
Anyway, this is the famous Wimbledon Tennis court! And the Wimbledon Championship is just last than 1 month away since this photo is taken...too bad I will miss it... :PSince it was closed when I got there, the best to show you how the place looks like will be through this poster...pretty isn't it? :)I came all the way here just to take a look at this...even though I wasn't a tennis fan at all...oh wells why don't see it when you can ya?Went grocery shopping at Sainsbury...and guess what -- I found this lovely Forever Friends Sponge Cake! Wish Singapore supermarkets can just do the same...sigh...Heading to the heart of London and coming to the London Tower at last!But I never go in there as the entry fee is very expensive...so this is all I got from the outside...some gates from the past of London Tower?! :PTower Bridge! Note: This is NOT the London Bridge in our childhood song but it is known as the Tower Bridge. Yet, somehow, somewhere, sometime in the history, this has become the iconic bridge of the bridge in our song "London Bridge Is Falling Down".Birdview of River Thames.Inside the upper level of Tower Bridge!
And I am having fun with the coin stamping machine that will stamp out the picture of the Tower Bridge as a souvenir for us to bring home!Walking along River Thames!The Monument!This is a complimentary to the Tower Bridge...the scenery here is as good as ever!Except for the fact that you have to climb this super long winding staircase all the way to get up here...and at the end of it the staff will reward you will a certificate to show that you have completed this tough task...coolz ya?

There goes the song in my head:

"London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down,

London bridge is falling down, my fair lady."

No comments: