Wednesday, March 05, 2008

What's next?

Work is still the same with me on another client's job now near ang mo kio area. I will probably just stay here for another month plus...and probably audit for ang mo kio town council after that...which means I am gonna stuck here for good! :o Oh well it should be good coz I don't stay too far from where I work...hehe...lol

Sometimes when with my colleagues, we would just talk on what to do when our contract has ended. After all, there are several staffs left recently and there are even more and more new staffs coming to our office week after week. Some of us just can't wait to leave the company, some wanna go to study or work else where...and some just want to have that long holiday. For me, I am still in planning...

Plan #1: Go abroad to study
Main problem: Study where and study what? Is it really useful for my future?

There are many courses I am considering to take up but the important issue here is WHAT really helps me. What do I want to be besides being an auditor? Should I go deeper into what I am doing now and study on something to do with accountancy to be an accounting manager, accounting principal, or even a partner one day? Should I learn something similar like finance and continue with my CFA exams or have a degree in B&F? Or should I just take up something totally different yet I like though...but not of much use on my work...or even very hard to find a job on? Like art lessons or psychology which I have never touched before? Gosh there are just so so many questions!!!

I didn't plan without thinking twice though. I have done some work and research here, asking around friends and colleagues and seek for some advice. Currently, Joe and Vincent introduce me to go for INSEAD as the school offers a campus life both in Singapore and France and US. (Read it up yourself here: http://www.insead.edu/home/) Their MBA course is highly recognised by the MNCs and big firms. I really like it though but the expected fees and expenses are like figures I used to see in my audit -- simply beyong my affordability. And if I were to take on a loan, could I make it to pay up within a feasible period of time? This is really bothering me sometimes...but I can never stop to upgrade myself ya? :)

Plan #2: Go start a business...full-time
Main problem: Is it sustainable and profitable? How long should I plan for it?

My business plan with Yingz to sell bags is still in the progress. This month we gave up our stall again because I cannot make it as it falls on the easter weekend. I choose to help out in the drama production as they really need helpers...even much more than that in Xmas. Besides, Yingz want to study for her exam too. So we are applying for another stall next month towards the end of April...hope we will get it! :)

The trip back in China during CNY is not as fruitful as I thought. Most of the cost prices have risen up over a short time and there is a chance it will rise again. So I need to find another source if I were to make it profitable. Or even to sell something else...but what? Work has been busy for me these days so I have not had the time yet to manage online selling. I will do it probably end of this month. I really wish to turn this into something that can last. Krystyle and Sharon had made it...I wish to see mine someday too...jiayou! lol

Plan #3: Work overseas for 1 or 2 years...either a new company or secondment
Main problem: I will miss my family and my friends here...

The nearest place to work at will definitely be Australia. And I know they need accountants and auditors. They pay good salaries and they have great welfares. But...will I get use to staying there? I know I will certainly miss my friends here...sigh...I don't if I could be still as strong over there. But whatever it is, if there is a chance and if God wants me to do it too, I know I will go.

Another alternative is to ask for a secondment from my boss. This means I will need to be contracted back to my firm again. This is good because there is a high chance there will be promotion too upon return. Moreover, accomodation and other miscellaneous will be taken care of by the company...probably there is some allowance or grant given too. There are just less things to worry about for secondment. Do I have the capacity to get that nod from my boss?

"Dream a little dream with me... :)"

No comments: