Monday, April 21, 2008

Getting attached to...? =)

As reflected in everyone's birthday wishes so far, most of our visions truly flow with pastor's vision this year -- to get attached! Jason prayed for a wife, Weng prayed for a wedding before 30, Caifen wants a man in her life...and Tina a husband! =D

Even from our two cell groups, more and more people are getting attached these days: Huiling, Beng Chuan, Ren Jie & Teresa, Andy Shi, Terence & Lynn, Edward (getting married!)....so who will get attached next? =p

Hahaha...honestly I feel really shy about relationship thingy and everytime I will choose to walk away or ignore it whenever someone likes me or being rumoured to someone else...haha why me?!

Maybe I should feel honoured instead for being rumoured with someone else coz it kinda makes me feel attractive! =p BUT just don't do it too many times coz I really feel shy about it and, whether it is a rumour or not, I will want to keep a distance away from that person. And if he is a good friend of mine, I hope I won't naturally keep that distance from him also...which I start to feel myself putting a distance away from him now...

Honestly, I don't think I am rejecting anyone. I am pretty opened and truly look forward to meet the man God has planned in my life. IF eventually God points me to anyone (or even to someone I least expected), I will certainly accept him with joy in my heart for I know my heavenly father will give me nothing more but the BEST man he can find for me...amen? Hahaha...lol

Maybe right now the time has not come yet...or maybe whoever he is has not appeared and revealed his role in my life yet...hahaha...well who can tell what God has planned for us unless God decide to reveal it in our lives ya? =)

In fact, I am very looking forward to see how God wants me to meet him!

Maybe God will smile at our sillyness and shyness when we find each other.

Maybe God would probably laugh at our craziness of plucking off the flower petals counting "he loves me...he loves me not...".

Maybe God will whisper to our ears and assure us saying: "You are not dreaming. He is the man you asked from me and so here he is."

Maybe God will give us a push from behind and say "Go and tell her you love her....she is waiting to hear that!"

Or maybe God is just simply waiting with his arms wide open, waiting for not just me alone but with my partner then, to come running towards him to hug him and give thanks to him for our reunion together! =D

I don't know who he will be but I know God will come and answer my prayer one day. And in the meantime, I will want to improve myself to be the better woman God wants me to be. That is my cry for God right now...

Thank God for I have signed up for my second ministry yesterday -- First Hand. It is a group under M.S. Care in which we will do visitations to the HIV positive patients. Something I desire to do for some time and I really wish to see myself to be a blessing to them. There will be training for 5-7 weeks to equip us with the safety precautions when we come into contact with them. After all, it would be wiser for us to know how to protect ourselves too as AIDS is a disease that is still not incurable.

I am believing in God for a breakthrough in the science and technology to find a cure for AIDS.
I am believing in miracles and healing to these patients.
I am believing for myself to grow closer to Him each time I come and serve Him.

In fact, I am so surprised and delighted that my mum did not reject me for signing up in this ministry. She used to worry about me a lot whenever I come to join anything that would be deemed dangerous. And to be close to AIDS patients would have been one huge worry to her. Yet, not only did she not reject me, she actually supported me on my decision to sign up for the ministry...praise God! =D She believes it will be something meaningful to do for others and the less fortunate. If there is anything she will be worried about, it will be the emotional impact on me for taking care of them. Coz after all they will leave us sooner or later some day and they may not even look normal towards the ending of their lives......well I believe I can overcome that sadness... =)

Alright I will come to learn and grow more when my ministry starts...yeah...heehee... =p

This year is going to make a big change in my life too because I have finally signed up for a MISSION TRIP end of the year...yippee!!! =D It will last from 8-11 Dec to Skudai, somewhere in Malaysia. =p It is a desire for me to go out and experience serving in other places in God's work. I can't wait for it to come...woohoo!

At first I wanted to go for a Taipei camp but I couldn't raise enough fund in time. Indonesia is out of the question since my mum already disallow me to go. So thank God there is still Malaysia and China mission trip! Hahaha...lol

Oops I simple talk non-stop this time...hahaha...yes so anyone want to go with me? *wink* =)

End off with a passage I learn from the book The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyer:

"If God always wanted our prayers to be long and drawn out, I really believe He would have put only long, drawn-out prayers throughout the Bible. He always gives us examples, and so many of the examples of prayer in the Scripture are short and concise. The enemy is the one who tells us we need to pray for hours, and then makes us feel guilty when we don't. It is fine with God for us to pray using only a few words and for it not to take any longer than absolutely necessary. When Jesus taught about prayer during the Sermon on the Mount, He said, 'And when you pray, do not heap up phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think they will be heard for their much speaking' (Matthew 6:7)....

Just one word spoken to Him in faith from a sincere heart can reach His heart and move His hand."

No comments: