Sunday, April 06, 2008

My birthday celebrations! =D

For those whose birthdays are coming or having headaches of where or how to celebrate your special day, here's some successful ideas that might be able to help you...because I am speaking from my own experience ha! =))

So get ready and here it goes... =p

#1: Customised dinner is always the BEST!
This is my pre-birthday dinner...all cooked by myself! Heehee...lol
3 reasons to eat out:

#1: You can get lazy and need not have to wash up after cooking.
#2: Restaurants often provides you your dream settings for a meal.
#3: You can give yourself the excuse to spend on food (Note: the common words used are often "to pamper" or "to give yourself a treat").

Since everyone is talking about fairness and equality these days, here's the contradictory:

3 reasons to dine in:

#1: You have the overall control of the whole meal - the food, ambience, entertainment etc.
#2: You can get the best at home with the same amount of money you spend outside.
#3: You would not have to feel guilty for putting on that extra pound on your body.

#2: Counting down to your special day with your best friend by taking a walk around your neighbourhood together.
Birthday countdown with Yingz @ Punggol

Thank you so much dear for being there for me in the midst of your crazy busy schedule! =D

#3: Go for the lunch promotions. Bonus if they even offer birthday promotions!Birthday lunch treat on my account with Yan Fang @ Swensen FunanWe manage to catch the Executive Lunch promotion which comes with free soup, desserts and drinks for any main course or pasta ordered. Moreover since it is my special day, I got myself a free Firehouse ice-cream sudae...hooray! =D

It is more blessed to give than to receive...cheers to my ice-cream muahaha....lol

#4: Dinner with a good friend at a great restaurant with recommendations (and birthday promotions too!)that both of you have never been to .Birthday dinner with Tina @ Hog's Breath Steakhouse Cafe Vivocity

Thank you dear for the wonderful dinner treat & time we shared! =))The place is uniquely designed to look like a countryside or beach-like steakhouse...love it!

I always believe in one fact about marketing: 99% of the good restaurants will give discounts or treats on the birthdays. The only thing is they will not show it on their menu unless you ask about it. So I asked and guess what they offer -- the chocolate mud cake!

I am so happy about it because I was just telling Tina I want to order that for dessert, but considering its price and the serving size, I have no choice but to give it a miss. So when I heard it was the cafe's birthday treat to the birthday stars, I am simply dumbfounded! Woohoo! =D
Glad we are smart enough to order just one main course to share...their serving size is HUGE!My chocolate mud cake!

#5: Birthday joy and blessings in the presence of God.
My birthday celebration after our cgm @ Isaac's shopThe traditional birthday celebration procedures:

1) Singing of birthday songs;
2) Making birthday wish and blowing the candle;
3) Cutting of the birthday cake.

For a non-christian celebration, the birthday celebration normally stops here. But for birthday celebrations, what I like the best is what follows:

4) Sharing of your birthday wish and what you hope to see in your new year;
5) Being prayed for by your members and leaders for what you have just shared for God's blessing to come upon you.
This year's birthday wish:

1) To be wiser and more alert in my workplace.
2) For God's direction to where or what I should do after my contract has ended...coz sometimes too many ideas can be distracting and I wish to start preparing myself for it now.
3) For more financial blessings upon my family. :)
My birthday gift from the cell -- a pair of Haviannah slippers! =)
This is actually my 4th pair of Haviannah slippers and in fact the 2nd one blessed by others...guess you can tell how much I really love them manz...hehe...lol

#6: Treat your good friends to a nice meal together...it actually makes you feel even better! =DDinner treat @ Sakae Sushi Wheelock PlaceMy favourite mayonnaise scallops! *drool*The cheesy japanese pan-friend chicken...taste not bad too manz...lol

I love cars and it is so great to see the display of this Audi R8 along the Orchard Road!

Thank God for the wonderful birthday this year! =D

No comments: