Saturday, April 26, 2008

Run with me! *wink*

I love running!

In fact, it is a joy for me to jog around my neighbourhood, after work...whenever I am free...whenever I feel like it! Hahaha...lol *bleah*

Shape Run registration finally opens today! The day I have been waiting for all this while...

Last year I didn't manage to sign up for it as it was fully signed up for just within weeks! Hahaha...now you know our ladies do love to jog ya? *wink* ;)

This year I am aiming to join quite a few runs. And up to now, I have already signed up for 3 runs and there are 2 more runs that I am just waiting for their early bird registration. My final goal for 2008 is to join in the half marathon (21km) for the Standard Chartered Run. I have missed last year's due to my CFA exam and I am not going to let it go this year for sure. Well...at least I am exam-free this time alright? =p Hehehe...lol

I am just as excited about the run as with the increase number of my friends joining in...especially the girls in my cell group! Hahaha...cheers to my running khakis Daynia, Esther and to both Xinyi(s)! =) Hahaha...hope to see more of the girls (+ the brothers ya?) joining in...heehee...so what are you guys waiting for? =p

If anyone of you are interested to join me and my friends to run, feel free to let me know ya or help yourself to register for the events. Here are the runs that I am or planning to join:

1) Passion Run [for both men & women]

Date: 8 June 2008

Venue: East Coast Park, E2 (Angsana Green)

Category: 5km / 10km [I am joining for the 5km run as I am too late for the 10km registration...oh wells... =S]

Registration: Closed

Website: http://www.singaporepassionrun.com/

2) Shape Run [women only...the men don't get it! *bleah* =p]

Date: 20 July 2008

Venue: The Padang, St Andrew Road

Category: 5km / 10km [I am running for 10km!]

Registration: Starting on 26 Apr...which is today! :o :D :p

Website: http://www.shape.com.sg/

3) Singapore Bay Run (formerly know as Shears Bridge Run) & Army Half Marathon [singaporean guys shd be more familiar with this run...]

Date: 24 August 2008

Venue: Esplanade Drive, The Padang

Category: 6km / 10km / 21km [Join me for 10km again ya? =p]

Registration: Early bird (up till 30 Apr), Normal (1 May - 30 Jun), Final (1 Jul - 31 Jul)

Website: http://www.safra.sg/singapore_bay_run.aspx?pageid=1433

4) Great Eastern Women Run [the title says it all...hehe...lol]

Date: 26 October 2008

Category: 10km

Registration: Not open yet

Website: http://www.women10k.com/

5) Standard Chartered Run [the biggest run of the year as always!]

Date: somewhere in Dec

Category: 10km / 21km / 45km

Registration: Not open yet

Website: http://www.singaporemarathon.com/

If anyone wants to challenge themselves, there is actually another...I would say more crazy run coming up...at NIGHT...the Adidas Sundown Run! Its category is certainly not meant for the fainted hearts...hahaha...sound familiar? =p

Details are as below if you want to join...but sorry this one I am not joining you...paiseh... =)

Adidas Sundown Run [join only if you are THAT passionate about it...]

Date: 31 May 2008 (2000h or 2359h)

Venue: Changi Point

Category: 42km / 84km

Registration: Ends on 30 Apr 2008

Website: http://www.sundownmarathon.com/

So are you keen to join me? =))

No comments: