Thursday, February 01, 2007

Keep on learning

Not feeling very well this morning due to the excessive of milk I drank last night as my dinner. Vomit the milk out when I woke up. Oh manz...one lesson I learnt this time -- NEVER DRINK TOO MUCH COLD MILK AT NIGHT!!!

Wanted to go for the career fair today but ended up getting stuck in my AA206 project. We try to make adjustments to the financial reports using the BAV software. It was not as easy as it seems when it comes to the classification of the accounts. But we thought we HAVE to use the software no matter what as our tutor has commended about it. And so our group continue with the work for about 3 hours and only come to realise we need not have to use that software after all! The software, at least, it is NOT needed for tomorrow's presentation...ALAMAK!

Since it is already half finished, we carry on with it and only to do our slides much later on. Te whole thing took us 6 hours manz...juz for a 10mins presentation. A few hours to trade for that little time to present...is that really worth it??? :P Oh well, maybe not so if we try the easier way ba... :P

Well, sometimes have you wonder how much time you put in to do something is actually NEVER proportional to how much the end result is being used on? We used to study for months or even years just for a single paper at the end of the course in order to get the degree or certificate that we want. We can never perfect certain skills without learning it throughtout our life. Even if you are the best chef in the world, you can NEVER stop learning and testing out new dishes because you never know when someone else will have caught up with you...or even exceed you.

Last time I do have grumbles over the overload of work to do when I came to my accounting course. Now I really appreciate the work of the accountants and auditors as I could not have imagine there are so many things to consider when all you need to do is prepare that financial statements. I juz wanna learn so much more and keep myself updated and maintain that competitive advantage that I would still have in my industry.

Dad has told me before that even after my graduation, he actually want me to take up part-time course for another degree that can relate to accountancy. I never forget what he told me then. The first thought about taking up a part-time course certainly is deafening as the OT that an auditor is going to get will NEVER be able to put that thinking into action. Yet I do agree with what he says.

Even though I have a job on hand now does not mean my career path will have to stop here. I could have switched to another career lines like the two ex-accountants in my oil painting class. Even my childhood dream of becoming an accountant is only a sub process to the final goal -- to set up my own business.

God has certainly provided me with many many options for me to choose from to walk in the future. Sometimes I only wonder which way he wants me to walk. Even though God knows my decisions way before I even make them, I still want to know his direction for my path. I want to know what he is thinking of whenever I made that decision, what he sees there that I didn't see it myself.

Yet many times, it appears that our eyes are so often covered with certain veil that prevent us to see things more clearly the way we want it. And hence, we made our mistakes when we choose the wrong path. Is that really so?

Remember what I say about learning juz now that it is a lifetime process? I only wonder if even we have chosen the wrong path to take, is it really that bad? If there is no mistakes or failures in our lives, then where else can we learn to breakthrough in our common monotonous routine?

Ordeals are there to make a person stronger. Even Jesus never has a smooth journey while he was on earth. I believe no matter how strong you proclaim yourself to be, your true strength will only be shown on how you deal with the ordeals in your life. If you cannot solve certain problems in life and you choose to leave, you will never come to know that answer and live with yourself escaping from it. Do you like it that way?

Hahahaha...don't worry I am doing fine. But I guess I need to sort out my own thoughts once in a while and to remind myself once again who I really am. If God puts me to be an independent person, I believe what I can give back to him is to help the others around me to remain as strong and independent as I am. Even if you were being put into total darkness [hopefully not], you juz know that you can always find a way to dig a hole to let the sunlight comes in. Because there is juz no place on this earth is really totally in darkness?? :P Hahaha...lol

"As you were, I was. As I am, you will be. ~ Hunter S. Thompson, Hell's Angels."

No comments: