Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Walk Apart

Today's BS was cancelled again. Guess the lesson has been postponed for about two weeks now. It juz happened so often that my timing and Shuhui's timing doesn't fit each other. Well, hope that next week will be better off ba. :)

Watching Full House again nowadays. The show still touches me as much as before. I guess a love story that never come smooth seems to be the theme of every korean dramas. And the morale behind it? The same old line -- "True love never run smooth."

Valentine's Day is approaching and being single, I have to confess I don't really look forward to it. That day will remind me of certain past that I doesn't want to recall. No matter how sweet they are, some dreams are just never meant to come true.

I remember those sweet Valentine's Day when I spent with my other half then. Or not only that day itself, but many other times. My other half in the past used to call me HMW...what it means I won't tell the others. I love those bouquets of flowers, those expensive gifts, and those nice dinners at the exquisite restaurants. But they are not the things that can touch me much deep within.

Sometimes, when certain things have passed so long but yet you can still remember them clearly like yesterday, these are the things that really move you or make you truly happy. All I remember of that relationship now are those dinners when we bought food packets from Carrefour and sit by the fountain and happily enjoy our duck rice together. There is another time when we bought cups of instant noodles from 7-11 at Sentosa and have them on the beach. Making rice dumplings with his family, simply sitting there and listening to music together in his room, or even accompany him with his family for dinner or back to camp are juz so much better than shopping or watching movies. All these are the little details in life that are left unnoticed. Yet they seem to be the toughest times to be forgotten.

Watching Full House now reminds me back of all these. Little details in life truly can bring two persons together, being there to know each other, to listen to each other, and even being there for the other person are so much more blissful than trying to do something out of it. That's why Ronan Keating will sing "you say it best...when you say nothing at all."

Almost 2 years have passed now and I always thought I have forgotten about them. But yet I realise I haven't. I didn't know about it myself too. I guess I have tried so many times, yet it still failed. I know it will still hurt if I know he will see someone new. Yet it even hurts me so much more when I know he tried to love someone yet it doesn't come out the way he wishes it to be. I have no idea why. I guess I just wish for nothing more than to see him with someone who can make him a much happier person than he was with me. Seeing him happy will make me happy too...isn't this what love is all about? Hahaha...I don't know what I am thinking of now...hahaha...but I know God knows what I am saying...

Looking on the bright side...I will be leaving on 16th Feb to HK to see my parents...YEAH!!! :D And there will be a CNY service on the 15th Feb...the day before I left for HK! Hahaha...everything seems to come right for me on time...whoopie! :P In everyone's eyes I am an independent person, yet I can also be a daddy's girl who simply desire for a family dinner. I envy those who have dinners with their parents every so often. For me, family dinner is rare and only comes in a few times a year. I love them so much...and I miss them so much too. If I have my own family next time, I will make sure to be a loving wife and mother for my family and never let any work or other things to disrupt the love in my family.

Tomorrow has only one lecture and AA206 project discussion after that. There will not be any cgm tomorrow due to Pastor Ulf service on the weekends. Going to the career fair with Vic, Zhiwei and TS. Hahaha...I wonder why I actually want to be there now...juz a bit interested to take a look still...see how ba... :P

Love the song below. Haven't gotten anytime to share it with you guys. Love it as this is how friendship goes sometimes. Cheers to friendship! :)

Walk Apart by Jamie Michael
You keep coming to me, but all you bring is your agenda.
You keep preaching to me, but I don't hear you getting no clearer.
You get a little colder, and your face is so unkind.
Do you ever wonder what your mother's left behind?
We are only people, and people walk apart.
But hold my hand and understand, that this could be the start.
Of something really changing, changing for the good.
I'd go together to the end, with you my friend I would.
So you keep praying for me, when I don't even know your religion.
And you've been planning for me, but all I see is your indecision.

"Love can never be the same taste twice."

No comments: