Thursday, May 24, 2007

Europe Trip -- Arrived in London! :D (12/5)

*Entry dated back on 12 May*
First time taking a long journey fligh of 13 hours. Managed to watch 3 movies (I like Music & Lyrics! :D), ate 2 meals and 1 snack (didn't finish them coz I was sick and had no appetite at all), and sleep for the rest of flight. Nothing special about the journey though...except that when I woke up, I realised I was still on the plane! Hee... :PThis is London view on the plane. Thank God for the two nice British people who sat next to me coz my seat is not supposed to be the window seat, but they offered it to me! :) And the morning bird view of London at 512am is simply beautiful! :DAnd this is my big brother DARYL! :D Feel so touched that he waited for my 1hr delayed flight at the London Heathrow airport early in the morning at 512am...and even more so when I know he had made a New York Cheesecake to welcome me! :DD

So sorry brother that I can't eat most of it coz I was so sick by the time I reached London...really appreciate it lots manz...lol I really feel bad that I got to disturb him though in the midst of his exams...owe him lots for this trip... :(Met up with Junhui soon after and she brought me to Covent Garden, a place with a market, and many artists performing along the streets.

This guy is just one of the street artist...isn't he looks cool? :D Hahaha...it really looks like there is big wind blowing here wor... *bleah* The street artists are really nice and fun people around...don't we look sad? :P Hahaha...guess I must be missing Singapore lo...lolThat's me on one of the streets at Covent Garden. :)Saw this cute, decorated shop at London. Most of the shops here are really stylish and cool tho... This is the telephone booth that I called it as superman's changing room...*grinz* :p Oh well, it is probably a newly renovated one...lol This is one of the famous brand of chocolate around in London. If you wanna know why I took this picture, you may wanna know the name of the company of my soon-to-be employer... :))
Me and the street of London. Resting at Subway with Junhui before we can walk more again...lol St Paul's Cathedral The front of St Paul's Cathedral

As you can see, it is raining here. We were waiting for Junhui's Russian colleague. I was freezing there actually coz it was only about 9 degrees at that time...I tried to prepare enough clothings though but still not enough as I was sick and I expected it to be summer too...

Oh well, lesson learnt: Always check the internet before you travelled! And here we are, taking shelter in the basement of St Paul's Cathedral with our hot coffee. It feels so good to juz sit down and enjoy our hot drinks in this cold weather manz...cheers! :D

London overall is pretty, new and still great. A little disappointment is that their tube, the train that works like MRT back in Singapore is pretty old and not renovated much. Many stations actually closed on the weekends too because the tube is supposedly meant for the working people only...I wonder if they ever really welcome tourists in this way... *shrug* :S

The things here are really pretty and of high quality. Sadly, I need to watch out my budget for this trip or else I think I would probably go on a shopping spree liao...hahaha...lol Things in London are specially expensive as everything is like 3 times of Singapore. A simple food along the road like sandwich or omelete would already cost about S$9 without drinks! :(

But still, everything here is juz different in Europe and Singapore in many ways. Pictures may tell you how everything is like...but more of the experience that will leave me an impact in my life that I will probably never forget...juz glad to be here! :D

"Update you guys again soon! *wink* :)"

No comments: