Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Sassy Jazzy Night @ St. James Power House

Falling in love with jazz music...love the ambience in the Bellini Room... Since there is a promotion on the champagne, we ordered a bottle to share among us too.

A great night is certainly enhanced with great music and good wine...cheers! *grinz*One thing I would look forward to is to hang out with you guys after a long day of work...cheers to the working Ingenians! Hahahaha...lol

This is the first time that I went to St James Power House. This is also the first time ever since so many years that I went to club again. How to describe those feelings? Hmm...excited, happy, anxious...and maybe...sexy? :P Hahahaha....lol
It feels a little different now that I am officially declared as being a working adult. Financially independent, no worries about not studying and preparing for exams and tests, classified as being mature enough to identify what I can do and what I can't do in the club houses. It makes me feel that I am actually doing something out of my own decision, to hang out with friends, chit chat till late into the night and simply let yourself dance till your stress and headaches from work are dissolved in the crowded dance floor. Isn't that what clubbing is all about?
Well, one thing you need to make yourself clear: what is your purpose and motive of going to club? For me, I am here to see how the place looks and feel like -- is it just as enjoyable and fun as what everyone else is talking about? Honestly, I dislike crowds, even more to see people get drunk or to have people looking at you whenever you go. I love to hang out with friends at a cozy place, fun and probably good to chill out too, and just enjoy some great musician performing on the stage while you chat with your friends below on the comfortable seats. This is what I enjoy most for a nigth activity... :)
Good thing about St James is that there are many rooms here, namely the Movida Room (latin music), Bellini Room (jazz music), and Dragonfly (canton pop). These were the 3 rooms I went on last Friday. And out of the 3, I love Bellini the most with the jazz music, less crowded as people just sit around to drink, and cool retro interior design (there's a white grand piano on stage and saxophone too!). Movida is fun, hot and sexy. The performers wear scantily on stage and dance away in those really hot latin dances. The dance crowd is many young working adults too and many foreigners are here too.
On the other hand, Dragonfly seems to be the most boring to me. The crowd are generally older as the some of the canton songs they sing are listed as oldies already. It is super crowded but yet no one dances. Although I am not into dancing, seeing people just standing around feels a little awkward too. To me, it feels more like they are watching some kind of concert performance than coming to club...oh wells I shall not comment on it anymore then... *zipped* :X
Well, I had a great night of chilling out with my buddies manz...hahaha...and we are just as happy to go home feeling all our stress from work be gone too...yeah...lol
So who says christians cannot club?! :P

No comments: