Saturday, July 07, 2007

Europe Trip: Switzerland > Lucern! (THE SWISS ALPS!!!...16/05/07)

Mt Pilatus! :D
I am on my way up to one of the Swiss Alps!!! *bleam*Juz the foot of the Swiss Alps is so beautiful... *Awww*The little red cable car that bring us to the top. You might not be able to see it from this picture but the road is really very steep...like a roller coaster going slowly up the track juz before it is going to make its thrilling descend! :PA station in the mid-way high up on the mountain...it feel so peaceful somehow... :PLooking down from the cable is breathtaking, isn't it? :)The snow-capped mountains! We are coming up soon! :DDThe cable car ride is definitely worth every penny... :))Love it! *grinz*Finally we are at the top! Notice the sharp-pointed thing on the ceiling...it is ICICLES! My first time seeing it!!! *so excited* :DDThe tourist centre on top of Mt Pilatus! And this is the place where we all got into our snow fight, started off by our dear tour guide Jelle! So fun!!! :DDHelicopter is often seen coming back and forth here, each time delivering something...well, probably food and mails I guess... *shrug*SNOW!!! SNOW!!! SNOW!!! :DD
My hands are freezing when I take this photo manz...lolThe only 3 Southeast Asia tourists here! :DSwiss Alps...I LOVE them! :))Even the wooden railings are coated with quite a thick layer of snow...you can imagine how cold it is up here... *shivering*Overlooking the villages below...and we are actually above the clouds... :)The tourist centre is not the highest point of Pilatus yet, hence we need to walk up to the higher points ourselves, which is actually quite tough to walk around with a normal sneakers since we are either walking on snow or ice...so slippery!!! *pout* :XChorcheng and I taking photos with the two Chinese from US (left) and his uncle from Canada(right) [sorry I've forgotten their names :P]. It was amazing how fit his uncle is as he climbed up here with no difficulty...and he is already 85!!! He is also a Bio-chem professor teaching at University of California...so zai...maybe thinking really helps a person to keep himself staying alert even at old age... :)Chorcheng & Me! :DSee how the ice is formed on the fence? Cool hor? :PA metal plate on the rock...probably tell you something... *duh!* :POne of the staircase in the rocks and super slippery to walk on...reminds me of those scenes where people explore around with their torchlights in those thrillers... :PInside the glacier cave of Pilatus...wet, dim and cold! And there are even much more icicles hanging from the ceiling here!!! I actually tried to pluck one of them down to pose for photo but I can't really hold on to the ice stick for more than a minute lo...so paiseh... :PThe red cable car that is going to bring us back to the village below.FROZEN GRASS!!! :DD
The grass looks very beautiful inside the ice...I wonder how they are formed in this way...Never try sitting on a snow covered bench unless you are prepared for your pants to go wet!
Well, I manage to drag her to sit with me...oh manz I feel like a bully...hahaha...lol THAT is how much we have walked up to the slope to the highest point of Pilatus...not easy to walk in such cold weather with thin layers of clothes on hor... :PThe traditional Swiss horn!
The music from the horn adds to the Swiss Alps mountainous ambience...lovely... :))The big fat fluffy bird that can only be found on the mountainous areas! :D
It is much bigger than the crow, looks like the 八哥 in Singapore, and has a layer of fur-like feather similar to those of the penguins...so pretty! Yet they are not afraid of humans at all and some of them even attack our food and drinks manz...don't mess with them hor... *hur hur* :PThe mountains again...oh manz I love mountains!!! :DD
Pilatus is pretty...I wouldn't mind coming back here again someday...lol
I am juz amazed how skilful this little girl is in rolling the snow into a big snowball in less than 5 mintues! Hahaha...I wanna build a snowman!!! :P

The group of us hanging out at Pilatus!

[From left: Chorcheng & Me(Singapore), Catherine & Michelle (Australia), and Brenda (Texas, US)]

What I am drinking there is called the Pilatus Coffee, a kind of coffee with schnappz (alcohol). It is supposed to help keep you warm and awake with its alcohol content. Well, I can taste the alcohol but I can't really taste the coffee though...hahaha... :P

A remarkable Swiss experience indeed! *smile*

No comments: