Monday, July 02, 2007

First day @ work! :D

Waking up at 650am this morning is really something you can rarely see from me...because today is my FIRST day at work! :D

I was the first newcomer to arrive at the HR office this morning (30 minutes earlier) while waiting for the other 6 people to stream in at 9am. All together there are 5 of us under the audit department, 2 from NTU (Me & Shihui), 2 from SIM (Eric & Ting Ting), and 1 from ACCA with accounting experience in Raffles Hotel previously for 2 years (Meng Huat). They are all nice people and we get along pretty well so far, which makes me much more relief and happy about my new job at FKTGT as I oftern worried about how my colleagues are going to be like... :P

Joey, our HR lady who assists us ever since we were employed by the company went through with us some orientation about the company as well as bringing us around the building. As we go through the offices, the people smiled at us as we walked around, sometimes standing around in groups and joke with us. They seem like really one bunch of nice and fun guys right? :) Hope this is what my company is like in the future too... :)

There are nothing much for us to do in the morning until after lunch where we were asked to read a few readings and to go through the training programme. You know, things are always much tougher to do when you had a great lunch... *bleah* :P There are actually only 2 readings for us to read on as part of our training BUT one is 7 pages and the other 259 PAGES!!! *faint* How I wish I can juz print them out and bring it home to read...well that will only be possible if my house is linked to the company's intranet... :(

The computer training programme is slightly better in terms that you get to move your hand over the mouse and click around. But there are tests and quizzes as you go through the tutorial in which you need a 75% pass before you can continue...or else you will have to re-read the whole lesson and re-take the test but of totally different set of questions...oh well ,I have the whole of this week to finish this whole set of 40 hours of training anyway... :X

After work, I met up with Yingz to go have dinner together before we head home. I really want to thank God so much for this friend in my life for she is always there when I need her and we always think so alike! :) It was a great time of chatting on our way home as we share how our day is like in the office. Especially on the first day of work, it is always great to have someone to share your experience...LOVE YOU girl! *muackz* :D

Thank God for all everything and giving me such a confidence and morale booster in my work. I love my company and I really look forward to my job. There will be so much more time to spend with these 4 newcomers as well as other colleagues and I really look forward to knowing them much more. It is just amazing how we can get along pretty so well and joke around! :D I am juz happy about everything manz...thank God for this brand new lifestyle for me... *smile* :D

No comments: