Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Plans Ahead

The place looks a little empty again since mum and dad went to Genting for the next two days till Friday...meaning I am gonna be home alone again...oh well... *shrugged*

Work -- a easy term and pleasant word to me at this very moment still. At least I hope it will appear to be as good as it lasts...

Plans to be made for the new year...to be happy over the new things that you are going to experience...to get over the things that depress you...and time to make your dreams come true...

For the coming year, or even a few years down the road, I know God has it laid out for me. There are things I need to work hard for, things I need to spend more time on, goals I need to meet, life I want to lead for myself...

As it has been almost a month now ever since I started working, the day to look forward to has finally come -- my very first pay check. How would it feel to hold on to the money that you ever earn it for yourself for living? I know how that feels when you got those money earned working during the school holiday in the past...but now it is different. You are independent of your own, working for your own money, and to give back to your parents what you should. It feels so different now...so independent...so much more thinking and plans to do with it more carefully...

Actually, in Singapore, after you deduct all those CPFs and other high expenses like your mobile bills, subscription fees, internet fees, electric bills and blah blah blah...you will realise there isn't much left to spend on (which is a sad case for all starters..but I believe the day of fuller wallet days will come too... :P). Hence, there is always budgeting and planning to be done.

After much thinking, I have made mine too and I shall remind myself once again what my goals are...can I? :)

Goals I hope to achieve:
  1. Trip to New York (or maybe other places in US if got time): $3-4k in 2 yrs' time
  2. Trip to Japan (with Ingenians?): $3k in 1 yr time? (I have a bad feeling I can't save in time for this manz... :X)
  3. Trip to NZ (to visit my cousin Sarah): $2k (no time limit as she will be there forever anyway... :P)
  4. Trip to Taipei (mission trip will even be better) + Hong Kong: $2.5k (no time limit)
  5. Parents' trip to Europe: $6k in 5 yrs' time (their 30th wedding anniversary present!)
  6. School fees for CFA and CPA: >$10k (if got more money I wish to study or work abroad for a few years...)

Shopping seems to be out of the age for me now...maybe window shop will still help ba...hahaha...lol Don't fancy much stuffs other than to travel around new places, or simply sit in the library or a cozy cafe to enjoy a good book...isn't life is all about working hard and enjoy the result of your hard work? :)

"So far, I still enjoy every bits of my life...cheers... *smile* :P"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I just want to tell you how much I enjoyed your pictures and your blog. I just happened on it and your pictures when I was looking for a certain place on the internet in Heidelberg, Germany. Your pictures were lovely and the way you described them made me feel I was right there with you. You really have a way with words....a VERY intelligent young lady. I know your parents are very proud of the daughter they raised. It is so refreshing to see intelligent, responsible and caring young people. It seems so rare in the USA. The young people here are just not that way anymore and it breaks my heart. I wish you ONLY the best life has to offer you sweetheart. You WILL go far in life...God will see to that. Thanks for the great pics and blog. Get back on here and post some more. - Donna, Houston, Texas, USA