Friday, July 25, 2008

But God

As I worked these days, things are getting heavier and more tired. In Luke 15, we read aobut the prodigal son who has lost his purpose in life that God has planned for him when he went away with half of his father inheritance and squandered them away.

Honestly, I dislike what I am doing at work now. I do not like audit work at all. I feel I am just like the younger son now, losing that vision of the God's plan for me, losing that purpose in my work...

Yet I do not want to show any bad attitude in my workplace. For we are called for a purpose in wherever we are and our destiny is to shine for God. Can I still shine for Him here? I am having that undesirable doubts now...but I don't want to give up...I really really want to shine for Jesus. Yet what is covering me from seeing that destiny in this work? Where am I heading to? God, I can't find your purpose here...pls show me the way...

Yesterday cell we talked about turning your negative thinking into positive thinking with just two important words -- BUT GOD.

In Acts 13:29-30,
"Now when they had fulfilled all that was written concerning Him,
they took Him down from the tree and laid Him in a tomb.
But God raised Him from the dead."

In Psalms 73:26,
"My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

In Psalms 49:14-15,
"Like sheep they are laid in the grave;
Death shall feed on them;
The upright shall have dominion over them in the morning;
And their beauty shall be consumed in the grave, far from their dwelling.
But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave,
For He shall receive me.
Selah"

In Isaiah 17:12-13,
"Woe to the multitude of many people
Who make a noise like the roar of the seas,
And to the rushing of nations
That make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!
The nations will rush like the rushing of many waters;
But God will rebuke them and they will flee far away,
And be chased like the chaff of the mountains before the wind,
Like a rolling thing before the whirlwind."

In 2 Timothy 4:16-17,
"At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me.
May it not be charged against them.
The Lord Is Faithful
But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me,
so that the message might be preached fully through me,
and that all the Gentiles might hear.
Also I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion."

In 1 Corinthians 10:13,
"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man;
but God is faithful,
who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
but with the temptation will also make the way of escape,
that you may be able to bear it."

In Genesis 50:20,
"But as for you, you meant evil against me;
but God meant it for good,
in order to bring it about as it is this day,
to save many people alive."

God did not promise days without pain; laughter without sorrow; sun without rain -- But God did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

I am lost in my direction; but God will light up my path.
I am depressed with my work; but God will give me peace in my heart.
I cannot find my purpose in my workplace; but God whatever you want me to do I will follow and obey.

No comments: