Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mutton Satay

Yesterday was the first day I went to work again after more than 2 weeks of break. It feels so monday blues. And now it's the off-peak period...nothing much to do in the office can also be quite a torture...hahaha...lol

The one and only thing I look forward to on Monday is my ministry after work. First Hand. This will be my second session for the ward visitation. First session has been great and I really wish to serve again to the patients there.

Since I was still a newbie there, I was paired up with a senior and another newbie and the 3 of us first went to ward 71 to visit a female malay-chinese patient. Honestly I never really take notice of how thin she was (coz I was focusing on what she is saying as she speaks with a Malay accent that is not that easy to catch)...not until she told us her weight loss from 68kg to only 25kg now!

When the senior help her to do the leg message, her leg was really bony. She seems to enjoy the leg massage by us as we continue to watch the TV that her friend gave her in her ward. She can talk and joke around with us. Andy Shi came in half way to play songs for her with his guitar. He is super funny even though he forgets most of the lyrics. And the patient is very cooperative too that she will joke and try to make some fun out of the songs. It was a very wonderful time spending like that indeed. =)

Yet when we were about to leave the room to visit another patient, she held my hand and asked if we can do her a favour -- that is she wants to eat mutton satay. The way she asked of it looks really important, like she HAVE to eat it. Probably because she only has such a short time to live, she wants to eat the things she really desire before going. So I promise her I will try my best to bring it to her. I even want so much to bring it to her before next Monday comes. Well hope I can really go down to visit her again on Saturday as I am asking my seniors-in-charge now... Time can be pretty precious...

We went to the next patient at Ward 76. We spent time with one more patient who is a newly diagnosed. Wai Sam is there when we went into the room. She looks much healthier and was chatting with Wai Sam cheerfully. She was holding to her favourite PSP given by her husband and she told her she had like 3 PSPs! Wow...hahaha...lol

Most of our conversation surrounds the topic of her 2 children, 4 and 3 years old. Can tell she really love them and adores them much. Mother's love is really noble isn't it?

This is just my second session at CDC and the meaning of death suddenly hits me harder on my head and become so much more real to me now...how long more can anyone of us live and make the best out of our lives?

Life is really precious and you can live it only once...treasure it manz before you will regret it...

No comments: