Monday, October 22, 2007

Great Eastern Women Run!

Great Eastern Women Run 2007 @ PadangThe 10km ladies -- Me & Esther! :)My breakthrough this year -- 1hr 20mins!
I am not a fast runner but I am really contented with my result as this is my FIRST time running 10km! The feeling of overcoming that 10km run and not giving in to walking back for my last 3km is really a great joy in my heart...I am proud to say I am a 10km finisher ya? Hahaha...thank God for this wonderful experience! *bleaming* :D
One big inspiration for me to join all these runs this year is also because of friends who have the same interests to do it together...so congratulations to all the girls who made it this far manz! :DThere is a carnival organised Great Eastern at Padang for us to walk around and receive many free goodies after our run. There is even ice cream distributed to us...but sadly the last cup was snapped up right before our eyes while we were almost queued up to the counter... *sobz*
Near the stage area are yoga instructors demonstrating certain steps to do yoga. It will be a really good stretching exercise right after the long run... :)Watching other runners doing the yoga can be a joy too...I like every yoga movements as they always seem so graceful and elegant...maybe I should consider taking it up one day...lol
Congratulations to Esther! She ran 15 minutes earlier than me...you are my inspiration manz...*grinz* :))
Congratulations to Hanjie and Wenjie upon finishing their 5km too!
It's so glad to see familiar faces at such a event... :)

From left to right: Me, Esther, Daynia and her colleague, Hoy Chin

Cheers to girl power!

More photos of the event can be seen from http://www.adidas.com.sg/marathon2007 .

Thanks to the two sisters too for inspiring me further to join the Great Eastern Women Run. Running together with the two sisters and the other runners in the heart of Singapore is truly a great joy to me and bringing a new surge of excitment into my life.

Thank God for knowing Daynia and Esther through the Mt Berlumut trip, and for bringing me to the Shape run after, opening the door for me to experience all these running events that I have never try before.

Even though I am not the winners like the ladies from Kenya and Australia to finish this 10km race in about 30 minutes, I am contented I never give up running and perservere until the end. The race is not just about physical strength, but largely on mental strength as well. For the first time as well, I can feel slight pain in my knee which I had never felt before. Yet, I keep on running and refuse to stop or even slow down. Thankfully, at the last 100m there is even energy enough for me to sprint all the way back...woohoo! :D

To me, I am already a winner to myself. And so does everybody...right? *wink*

No comments: