Thursday, August 30, 2007

Europe Trip: Austria > Vienna -- The Winey Experience! (29/05/07)

Trying to make a difference in exploring Vienna, Daryl and I decided to follow what the map for backpackers say and went out for Grinzing to find vineyards. At the metro station, we saw this weird but stylish looking building...coolz sia...lol Finally, after travelling on railway, tram and bus, we are here at Grinzing! :D
There are many vineyards around Grinzing for people to go and enjoy good wines...woohoo! :DDGrinzing is a very small, ulu but cozy town, with a strong suburban character...I love it here!Saw this super big dog with a cool-dude centre-parting haircut...heyz what's up dude! :PFarmhouses at Cobenzl, somewhere in the middle of the hill...feel so much to be like a kid to run down to chase those duckies! *bleah* :PCafes and restaurants can be found here but not cheap. It will be worth to pay for something scenic and special if you meant it to be special... :)VINEYARDS!!! :DHowever, we couldn't manage to find the entrance to the vineyard. Hence, we can only take photos from the outside...sigh...oh well the grapes are probably sour hor? Hee... :PFinally reaching the top -- Kahlenberg!

This is the place where you can have an overview of Vienna...beautiful manz...lolAs it is not developed yet (though a hotel is opening soon in September), there is only a church, a drink stall and a tourist shop here. We find a nature trial behind the church and we decided to take a walk to see what's there...After walking like 15 minutes, we finally saw a restaurant here but it was not opened yet...well if only we could have a cup of coffee here...sigh... *sadz*Return back to Grinzing. Even though we cannot find the vineyard, we manage to find a row of winehouses back in Grinzing.

See the lamp post there? It is made of crystal to look like grapes hanging up there...so pretty!!!Wish I can get one of these bottles back home but my backpacking bag cannot take them in...what a pity manz... *big cry* :'( Nothing beats having a great high tea at such a wonderful place...and cheers to my favourite applestrudel!!! :DD
Winehouse with a vineyard setting...love it! *bleam*The restaurant is opened only at night so we just came here for a drink...nice place! :)This is probably the best wine I have ever tasted...straight from the wine barrel!!! :D


And they only cost EUR 2.20 (SGD 4.40)...Mum I don't want to come home le! Hahaha...lol Love every bits of this place... :)
Since the day is still early for us, we head down to Wiener Prater, the amusement park! :D

Bottom right picture shows the famous The Riesenrad, super huge ferris wheel and an icon of Wiener Prater. But we didn't take a ride on it as it is super expensive to go up there...
We play many rounds of Go-Kart, the favourite for both of us, and guess who win all the game? *smug* :PI feel like a small kid here as I've never been to such a big amusement park ever in my life...I have so much fun!!! :DDDaryl didn't dare to take this roller coaster ride so I am all alone...well I am strong woman right? :PThe ride is FANTASTIC as you basically lay horizontally as the tram go...super fun manz...WOOHOO!!! :DThis machine looks scary...I dare you manz...lolHere's the brave me again...waiting to be flung up in the air manz...and THAT is the scary part...I think I sream the most for this ride...hahaha...lolHaunted House!
Wanna play in one of these ever since young coz I've a likings to scare myself to death in the dark...so here's my childhood dream come true!!! :DWe often see such places in the Western movies, but to come here and experience it ourselves...it is truly something very different...Overlooking Wiener Prater from the ferris wheel...feeling so joyous and happy... :)Maybe I lack of childhood in such an amusement park, this is certainly something unforgettable for an old child like me now...hahaha...lol

Thanks Daryl for bringing me here! Hahaha...say CHEEZE! :P

Vienna, as a whole, is lovely and probably the best place for all music lovers. I am not totally into music but yet I still enjoy and appreciate a musical concert. If ever there is a chance, I wouldn't mind just coming over here to study music...it will feel all so great manz...hahaha...lol

But the best part of this trip to Vienna is still the Search for the Vineyard!!! :D Even in the end we didn't manage to visit one on our own, the glass of wine from one of the winehouses is simply superb-fabulous!!! :DD The BEST wine I have ever tasted so far manz...lol And I will miss the cosiness of the small town of Grinzing, which gives me something that I really didn't expect from visiting Vienna.

Thank God for this wonderful trip! :)

No comments: