Friday, September 08, 2006

Juz another happy Thursday... :)

Feeling great today as I will be having my cell group meeting again tonight...it's gonna be another time to learn about God and His words...lol

This morning I had my AA205 seminar, and for the first time, I finally did my tutorial before class and I manage to contribute to the group discussion! (And I mean constructive suggestions brought up by me...lol) It's just feels great when you are given the knowledge to answer the things you know...haha...thank you Father for giving me the wisdom in my studies...yeah! :D

I went for my cell at night and tonight Brother Darren was the one preaching to us on His words. This is probably the second time I attend the cell group which is under Brother Darren's lead and I really enjoy his preaching. Maybe because the first time he talks about friendship in God's perspective and that was the time when I was struggling with some issues on friendship and the message was just like God speaking directly to me. And this time it goes the same as he elaborates on the message further given on last Sunday service by Pastor Kong. He brings out the message on being emotionally and mentally in building a great church. And two things that we mainly focus on today are 1) Bitterroot Judgement and 2)Inner Vows.

Bitterroot judgement is a seed of bitterness that you don't like on certain things since young. It occurs when we are unwilling to forgive the ones who have hurt us before and we are condemned by the other person's sins. When we start to resent on certain things or people, our hearts start to judge the others and bitterness came in. Hence in Hebrew 12:14, we need to pursue peace and holiness, in which "peace" tells us to forgive those who have offended us and we are able to release our bitterness in us, while "holiness" is being having the holy spirits in us and let it guide us.

Inner vows are carnal vows, a pre-destination that we set on the inside in our mind, our hearts and our childhood. And these are the vows that are usually forgotten. We have to know that their creation got to do with the intensity of emotions at that time when we made those vows, and these emotions come from the response from our hearts. We have to always remember: when we are children, we do things that children do; but when we have turned into man, we have to put our childish ways away. That's why in Matthew 5:34, God does not want us to swear on ourselves or the heaven or the earth. He wants us to keep to the oath but not to swear. He wants a solemn promise from us.

I feel blessed to have heard these messages as these few days some unwanted feelings keep coming back to haunt me and I was really troubled by them. Yet now I feel at peace. Tonight's message made many of us cried as I believe each of us has a past that we feel hard to let go of. I am glad I no longer teared with them for I truly believe now I am free from it at last. I no longer feel the pain but to look on the bright side of my life...coz I believe God is in control of my life now and there is nothing for me to worry for if I seek to build His kingdom first. God is wonderful...lol

I think recently I have a great hunger for God's words and knowledge that I have seemed to become a problematic student...haha...lol Asking Shuhui, Brian and now Sis Jaz for questions on God's words. I think they are pretty shocked by the number of things that I can actually dig out from the bible ba...never know I could be wanting to hear even the tiniest details of the holy book! :P Haha...but then we can help each other to learn too ya? :) I just want to know so much more about Him that sometimes I feel so much difference had occured to me now...kinda scary...haha...lol

Oh tomorrow will have an overnight prayer meeting at the Jurong Hall. I really wonder how it would be like as I have never been to one before, not one that is overnight yet. I don't know if I can even make it through the night as tomorrow I have just agree to volunteer myself to help out at the SPCA booth to sale and raise funds for them. And also on Saturday as well, after my project in the morning. Yet I would love so much to go down and give it a try even out of all my busy schedule. It would just mean so much to me to help pray for the others...haha...can't because I feel tired and I should neglect the prayer of another ya? :) If everyone thinks in that way, then the pastors would have a much easier timetable and not like Pastor Kong to fly here and there just to preach His words...oh gosh...that will be terrible! :P So guess I will just have to challenge myself ba...haha...my laziness and tireness...lol

Yup yup...it's gonna be another busy weekends for me but I will be happy...God bless everyone's weekend to be great too! :)

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." - 1 Corinthians 13:11

No comments: