Friday, September 01, 2006

My Lord is my strength... :)


Yesterday night was another splendid night with my dear cell group members. And best of it, Yanning had finally make her time to come! :) Thank God for watching over this great sister of mine. I believe He will speak to her one day or use one of us to talk to her. Haha...lol

We had our praise and worship as usual. The message for the night was on our committments in church vision. Basically, all churches' vision for us is to love our God and love the others around us. There are basically 4 levels of committment: Membership committment, Friendship committment, Ministry committment and Mission committment. We choose which church we want to belong to and identify the church vision with our own visions. We learn to share our experiences, our homes and problems with the others. We learn to grow, to learn and to serve in church. And also, we should never forget to love the lost. Quite a pretty strong message for every members to come together in church to unite as one big family ya? :)

Had a great fellowship on the taxi with Joanne, Lynn and Belle after that as we head home. Lynn told us many times she missed fellowshipping with us during service due to her ministry but yet she love her ministry. Haha...glad she is not a sister who would choose to fellowship with us and not to serve...don't worry gal, we won't forget your presence as we will be around always to ask if you are coming! :) Haha...then Belle and I went for supper after reaching NTU (got ourselves nice pratas at Ah Fang) and we actually talk and chat till like 3am in my room! Haha...feel so happy! :D

Well, as for today, I had my bible study with Shuhui. Haha...and I think I gave her the best Teacher's Day gift by throwing lots of the questions I come across as I read the bible. But she can't answer me immediately and she probably got to go back to do some research...hope I didn't become a problematic kid for her ya? :P Haha...but I guess by asking, even the tiniest doubt that I had on my mind, it really helps to give yourself a better understanding on His words and your knowledge about Him and to build a stronger foundation so you won't create more doubts in the future as you move on to learn more about Him. Our God is omnipotent and there is just so much and so deep to learn from Him and to be like Him... :)

Later on I had dinner with my mum...so long never really get the time to dine with her. Well, I finally picked up the courage to ask her about my uncle and I realise that he is not going to go through just one surgery on his heart, but another one on his kidney too. And even if we manage to pay off the heart surgery, I don't think we can afford his kidney surgery anyway. One of my uncle has already passed away last time due to kidney failure and I understand the pain he had gone through. If God is ever going to take this uncle of mine away, I believe he probably will be much better off as he would no longer have to suffer in pain. My only regret is probably I could not reach out to him. I pray that God will speak to him through others in Hong Kong ba...

But then since my mum is being really strong for the lost of her brother last time and even now she still can put a smile on her face, I will do the same just for her to make her feel much better ba... :) We can certainly look upon Him for His strength to be there to keep us strong and be there to comfort us always...Amen.

"Strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to faith. 'We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,' they said." - Acts 14:22

No comments: