Saturday, March 03, 2007

EXOTIC FOOD!!!

I have come across to taste a few rare dishes at a farmhouse-like restaurant with daddy's friends. There are cages of animals placed at the front of the restaurant. Believe it or not, I saw fluffy chubby CATS in one of them! Well, THANK GOD his friends never order any dishes to do with them...coz 100% I will choose to go on hunger than to eat them!!!
Yet the food we ordered is still all right to be eaten. Or maybe it is just me who couldn't overcome that psychological barrier to enjoy the delicacies. Most of them I only take one bite to give it a try. You can try to guess what they are manz...
This is the dish that I rejected the most.
Up till now, I still feel a little stomach upset whenever I thought of eating it.
[Hint: According to a Chinese phrase, 癞蛤蟆 always want to eat this; and from a Western story, it is supposed to be very ugly when it is young.]Some hawker stalls at Chinatown in Singapore sell this meat too. But generally I would not choose to eat it if there are options for me as I heard the slaughtering process is very cruel.
[Hint: It swim in the sea and oceans with a hard shell on its back.]This is a very rare drink as it is seasonal and very expensive. It is said to be very good for men. We have ordered 2 of these organs. The juices from that organ is supposed to come out green (bottom right: like green apple syrup) and not the yellowish brown (bottom left: like tea)
[Hint: The organ is often used in conversations as how brave you are. The animal is usually connected with evil and it has no legs.]This is the ribs of the same animal in the previous picture. It tastes pretty good like those fried chicken at KFC. Yet I had a hard time eating the meat as there are many bones and they are very tiny. This is the skin of (again) the same animal. I don't know how it taste as I didn't eat it at all.
The presentation of the dish is a total turn-off. It looks pretty gross...kinda like worms...yucks!
One good thing about this restaurant (apart from its exotic dishes) is that it provides fireworks for its customers to play with.
Throughout our dinner, the fireworks display outside our little hut have not been stopped. Who still needs to go for firework shows when you are here at China?! :P

The Chinese believe that lighting fireworks during CNY will boost prosperity and popularity in the coming year.

Well, whether you believe in such things or not, watching the fireworks will still bring much joy and happiness to those who watch it appreciate it ya? *wink* :)

No comments: