Sunday, March 25, 2007

Phantom of the Opera!!! :DD

Phantom of the Opera @ EsplanadeYingz & EugeneThe show begin! :D
Taken during intermission.
Looking at the props, the chandelier...well you will know how much effort is put in this show...and how fantastic it can be...
Yingz & Me :)
Phantom of the Opera is a spectacular performance that beyond words can describe. The story, the songs, the props, the costumes, the characters...the images of them still as clear in my mind as I was watching it. More of what I gained from the show is the pondering of the dark fate of the phantom, the love he has for Christine and the love of Raoul and Christine. It is really meaningful, heartwarming and moving me to tears again and again.
I sympathise with the phantom's tragedic life yet I wonder what changes he could or can make. He is a character that many of us can learn from, or tried to avoid becoming one. The story touches me most on the last part when the phantom let go of Christine so she can be with Raoul, and in return Christine let him know that he is not alone. This is how love should be isn't it?
Love is not to be possessive to have someone in your life, but more of the values you place upon this person, even if it means to be able to make the other person happy or fulfilling their dreams at the expense of your own happiness. How much you put in determines the value you have for this person. I admire the phantom for his unselfishness here. What for to force her to choose and to lie to him in order to save someone she loves instead? And true enough when he learn to love Christine in this way, in return he was rewarded with her kisses that he knows he will not be alone and soften his heart.
I guess this just says it all about love -- the more you give, the more you receive.
I don't know what else to say because the show is still ringing in my head and thoughts are running through my mind again for the characters of the story. It is not juz a great musical performance, but more of another valuable lesson that you can learn through these characters... :)
And THANK YOU Yingz and Steph for the birthday celebration and the prezzie...I love them!!! :)
"Love Can - A container that can only be filled when you pour out its content. ~ my winning quote :P"

No comments: