Sunday, June 15, 2008

Europe Trip 2007: SCOTLAND - Edinburgh/Glen Coe/Glen Viaduct/Fort Neptune/Fort William! (09/06/07)

It's been a year since I travelled to Europe...and I still haven't finished writing about it...AHH! =p

Well, I have to finish this. It is a trip, an experience that will last me a lifetime. And up till now, I can still feel those excitement, those joy, those moments I was there. Oh gosh I miss it so much!

Scotland is one of my most favourite places in Europe (others include Prague, Switzerland, Venice and Rome!). Hope you guys will have a nice time reading these few days entries as I am going to finish my 'work' here...hehe... =p

So let just sit back, relax your body, start scrolling down the page and enjoy the ride ya? =)
Scotland...Edinburgh! =)I love the old architectures and buildings in Edinburgh that makes it looks gloomy yet majestic...Royal Bank of Scotland!They should just state there that they accepts almost all cards from major banks around the world...that would save lots of words...hehe...lolRoaming along the streets of Edinburgh while we search for the place we rented our car......and here it is! =D

Our transport for the next 3 days...we are totally depending on it to bring us around...Here we go! *wink*Stopping by one of the hills.

There are so many hills in Scotland, such gentle slopes that you can just stop your car anytime, park it at the side, and start walking up the slopes in whatever shoes or clothes you are in...perfect for all mountain lovers! =DA pond at the base of the hillA Scottish man blowing the traditional Scottish bagpipe halfway up the hill...the music blends perfectly well with the hilly surroundings... *captivating*See how gentle the slope is? I walk up with my slippers on! =pWe reached the top of the hill in just 20-30 minutes...and it has quite a view of Edinburgh from here...coolz... =) Overview of EdinburghWe reached a nearby town for lunch...small, cozy, charateristic town...I love it! Scotland is famous for their Fish n Chip...and HAGGIS!

If you want to know what that is, pls go and google it yourself...coz the thought of the ingredient gives me a little goosebumps...yicks... =SWe passed by a very scenic river...can't help it but to stop by for some phototaking...haha...lolWhat a nice place perfect for weekend family picnic! =)Every angle is like the pictures you seen in the postcards!Jesus Light!

Hee...that's what some people called it to be as it looks like God is speaking from there... =)Glen Railway Viaduct!

Something only the Harry Potter fans will understand for my excitement of seeing this bridge...hahaha...my biggest reward for the trip!
[Hint: it appears in the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets =)]Pictures speak a thousand words...can you feel the beauty of Scotland now? =)What a ride...what a pleasant journey... *bleaming*Stopping by a ski resort that is already closed during summer time...Glen Coe Ski Centre

I wonder how it looks like during the winter season... =))Some adventure-lovers seeking some thrill with the sky gliding...saw him running off the peak of the hill with the wings and glide the sky juz like that...how cool that is...!!!First time at a ski centre...having some fun here manz...hahaha...lol'Holy' Mountain?!?! When I saw the light surrounding that mountain, I was totally marvelled by the sight.

How can I describe it...a mountain that looks really annointed?!?! =DReaching the sisters mountains......here are two of the Three Sisters!The mountains are known as The Three Sisters as the outline of the 3 mountains look rather identical. And did you see the walking trial behind me? I bet you can walk with ease to the top of the hill if you just follow that trial...it's that easy! =DScotland is BEAUTIFUL!Scotland is BEAUTIFUL! [Oh well, I have nothing better to say...hehe...lol *bleh*]Finally we reach the area where all the guesthouses (Bed & Breakfast) are located.And this is the house where we will be staying for the night! =DDaryl finds the perfect house as the scenery outside is just fantastic! =DD

I am back to my Glen Viaduct...to have a even closer look at it!

Scotland is BEAUTIFUL! [that's the 3rd time...]

Fort Neptune

It is consists of several dams to enable ships to pass through from the higher position to lower position or vice versa. You will know how this works if you study geography last time... *bleh*

According to Daryl, this is a rotating bridge that is rather rare to find it anywhere in Europe nowadays as most places have changed to use the lifting bridge like those in Amsterdam.

Lovely bridge!

Don't you think this railway is not working but IT IS STILL IN OPERATION! It is fun walking and loitering on a live railway though...coz I guess there aren't many chances in doing so also...hahaha...lol

A sign that you won't find in Singapore for sure...heehee... =p

Look at the clouds! They are so low that they can even touch the top of the mountains!

Fort William (I think =p)

A cinema found in the town! Looks rather more like a home theatre screening place to me...hahaha...really very characteristic compared to our GV, Cathy cinemas in the malls...lol

Back to our guesthouse!

I love staying in the guesthouse...it's like the FIRST CLASS hostel stay or even better...with breakfast provided (and that's why it is also called Bed & Breakfast!). See how lovely it is? =DD

The cat that is owned by the house owner...isn't she beautiful? =)

Sun is setting but it takes a very very long time to set in summer...well the sun goes down at 12am while we were there! So guess this photo was taken...probably around 10pm?! =O

This end the first day of my Scotland journey...and I am already falling head over heel in love with this place...emmmm... *dreaming*

No comments: