Monday, June 23, 2008

Servant's Heart

I have made up my mind at last.

This week, Monday to Friday, I will be fasting and praying for the events that are going to happen, for the events that have already happened.

I had tried fasting during the 21-days prayer but it wasn't very successful. The temptation of food is juz tough on me, someone who loves eating. In fact, after that 1 week of fasting and praying intensely, the final week of prayers was the toughest as I lost my concentration and growing tiredness.

I am not blaming myself for this though. Just that since I have made up my mind to be consistent and to cling on to the cross no matter what, I really have to have spiritual discipline in my life too. And since it didn't work out last week, this week I will try again, and the next, and the next,......and till the time it has become a part of my life. Yupz... =)

I am going to pray for my mission trip to Taiwan. I truly thank God for the blessings he has showered upon me. In fact, it was a miracle I am going, not just Taipei but also now Kaoshiung! =D Let me just tell you how amazing it is......

This was initially a trip that I let go of because of financial difficulties at the beginning of the year. I truly have a very strong desire to sign up but I thought it was impossible for me to raise $1K at least within like...3 months?? Yet, when Tina turned up and signed up for the event, I was prompted once again. I fasted a day and prayed for it. Whether it was my desire to go to Taiwan, or it is the prompting from the Holy Spirit to have faith to go ahead and signed it up, the thought of signing up the trip become very much stronger. And what's more is that it is getting more and more realistic.

Tina, my very good friend and sister, confirmed that prompting by encouraging me to have faith in God. If you truly have the heart to serve God, don't be limited by the minor issue like money which there are ways you can solve it. So I prayed and fasted a day before I asked my mum if she could lend me money to go for the trip. And surprisingly, she agreed to lend me to a maximum of $1,000! That really helps me quite a lot as I know by this year end, or even by Oct this year I should be able to pay back the full sum. Oh well, I really have to tighten my belt quite a bit when I returned from the trip though...

Yet what's more amazing is what God has granted me even more. I thought I would just be satisfied and contended to serve Him in the first Taipei youth camp. After all, this is all I could afford as I HAVE to limit myself to spending less $1,300 for the whole trip. So I thought of giving up to Kaoshiung even though I really really REALLY want to go and join Tina and Andy.

Well, that is I didn't expect Darren would call and eventually help me get sponsors to go to Kaoshiung! Hahaha....coz I was still reasoning with him then how much I need to pay if I juz extend a few days in Taipei and backpack and how much it will cost me to travel to Kaoshiung. The price to pay is more than double. And now...my dream has come true...YEAH! =DD

God has blessed me even more than what I can imagine! What I know I need to do now is really to treasure this precious chance that I have, go serve Him for his work in Taiwan with all my heart and soul, and look forward to a even more closer encounter and experience with Him that I know it will impact me for a lifetime...amen... =DD

I am also going to pray for my ministry. I will be starting my First Hand visitation today after work. I really want to be a blesser to the patients there as well as to have the attitude of a great servant.

I am going to pray for my cell group. Some of them are sick and Dom's grandfather just had stroke too. May there be healing work to be done upon him.

I am going to pray for Daddy too. He is at Sze Chuan right now for his recruitment work. Though the condition there has improved, I still cannot help but to have a little worry for his health there. May God protects my dad in wherever he is and may his work be fruitful.

The prayer list will just go on and there are so many things to pray for...hahaha...lol

God is great, all the time; all the time, God is great! =))

End off with the lyrics of the new song that we sang during last Saturday service. I was very very touched by it as that's what exactly what I want to do for God right now...

Thanks Xinyi to send me the whole lyrics when I just asked her for the title to it...thanks sweetie! =D


Servant's Heart
Intro
G / / / Em7 / / / D / / / D / / / G / / / D/F# / / / Em7 / / / A / / / A / / /

Verse
D Dmaj7
Standing in awe of Your grace
G/D Gm7
Setting my feet in Your ways
Bm7 A
Entering into Your presence
G A
To behold You face to face

D Dmaj7
God of all Heaven and earth
G/D Gm7
Holding me in Your embrace
Bm7 A
Unfailing love that surrounds me
G A
Oh..God I stand amazed

Chorus
D
My Jesus, My Lord
Dmaj7
You're the love of my life
D
Wherever You go
Bm7/A
Wanna be by Your side
G
No longer I
Em7
But Christ living in me
D/A A
Serving You for all eternity

D
My eyes set on You
Dmaj7
In this race that I run
Bm7
No longer my ways
Am7 D
Let Your will be done
G
Make me a servant
Em7
My heart's ever true
D/A
Clinging to the cross
A
I'll follow You

G D/F# G A
I'll follow you

No comments: