Friday, October 27, 2006

2nd interview + cell group meeting + Happy Birthday Joanne! :D

I had my 2nd interview @ Ng, Lee & Associates - DFK today. They accepted me and I was given one month's time to reply them if I still want the job. Thank God for this opportunity given. Somehow I still want to try for Big 4 now and see how things go ba before I make my final decision. Haiz...troubled... :

Today cell group was @ the iCON Building again. Bought the cake for Joanne before heading down to the meeting....hahaha...all chocolate again lo...lol The message was about "Building a life with God's glory". Briefly to say, there are 5 things that will happen when the heaven door is opened in our life: 1) We get dreams & visions in order to achieve great things in our life; 2) When we have dreams, the Holy Spirit can then move freely in our bodies; 3) God's power will be there with us when the heaven door is opened; 4) Righteouness will pour down and you will find yourself surrounded with the righteous people; and lastly 5) Financial blessing will also come ready for us so that we will have them in abundance.

However, there are always things in our life that will close this heaven door from us and prevent us from entering heaven:

1) Pride: God hated this sin the most as he had said it in Lev 26:19 "I will break down your stubborn pride and make the sky above you like iron and the ground beneath you like bronze." Sin is spelled S-I-N...do you realise that the middle word 'I' was in it? 'I' was in the middle of sin and that's when you thought of yourself only: I, me and myself. Pride is a self-decoration for ourselves and we will tend to push God away as we tell Him we no longer need Him in our lives. Remember the devil's favourite words: "Leave me alone."

2) Spiritual complacency: When you are complacent, you will no longer hunger for God's words & you will just stay at where you are since you stop desiring for Him. One of the example character in the bible is Eli (1 Samuel). Eli became complacent and spiritually sloppy.

3) Ignoring the poor: Remember that Jesus came to preach not just to the rich but to the poor.

4) Habitual deliberate sinning: God will forgive our sins only when we confess them to Him. Psalms 66:18 "If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened." If we never confess our sins, we are cherishing them in our hearts and it shows that we have no intention to correct ourselves from these sins...how can God forgive you in that way if you will continue to sin again deliberately?!

5) Not tithing nor giving: Tithing is giving our life to God. Bless are those who give...

So all these remind us that in order for us to succeed in the market place, we need to walk in humility, spiritually hungry for God, need to care for the needy, walk & live in the holiness and be a tither and generous giver. Yup yup...Amen. :)

And lastly, we celebrated Joanne's birthday @ the end of the cell group. Glad to see her enjoying it...lol Made a little card for her which I hope she likes too...hahaha...Happy Birthday gal and enjoy your weekends ba...yeah...lol

"Next week is my turn to prepare for the refreshments for cell le...anyone has any idea what to eat or what you want to eat? :P Hahaha....or else better don't complain manz...hahaha...lol"

No comments: