Sunday, October 29, 2006

The importance of a prayer meeting

Like this picture...taken it by myself...hahaha...cute hor? lol
*DISCLAIMER: This picture is NOT me!!! :P*

Thank God I was at service once again. Feeling a bit dry spiritually lately as the workload piles up higher and higher and the exam is less than 3 weeks from now. 16 Nov 2006. I will remember this day for my first paper.

Don't really want to go into details again on what I had learnt this morning. More like a few things that Kong Hee says have a much deeper impact on me. He describes to us about how scientists predicted the depletion of some of our natural resources a few years and yet more of that natural resources are being discovered soon after. This just shows how God gives us in abundance as He has promised us.

Indeed, there is NOTHING lack in this world. The only thing that is lack here is our faith, our hope, our dreams and our visions. This is when we no longer see God.

The process of harvesting is always from Seeding --> Sowing --> Harvesting. Just got to remember: Harvest DON"T come immediately. The saying always goes like this: "You will reap what you sow." -- and what separates them is TIME.

1) Pledge with a right attitude.
2) Pledge out of something you know you have.
3) Pledge an amount that touches you deeply.

I know God has spoken to me the amount. But...can I really make it to what I pledge? I couldn't give a confidence answer right now. I believe in God that He will give in abundance...so how much faith do I have? I guess that is the most important question I need to answer. Kong says that the amount should be something that you already have, and even an amount that will move you to tears as you give. True that it is more than I thought I would...but...move to tears?! I kinda confuse with the meaning of a cheerful giver now. Someone can justified me with this? Haiz...

Really didn't want to stay for the prayer meeting initially. Feeling tired and exhausted and distracted by my work. Yet Jaz reminded Weng to make sure all those without valid reasons should stay for it. But thank God I did. After praying for 15 minutes in the spirits, I feel much alive. I can feel His presence once again and the new strength He gave me. All that reluctance, that tireness was removed and I feel glad to be there. Thank God I was there.

Never give up on going to cell group meetings, prayer meeting and services. God will speak to you if you persist to attend them. That's when God will give you a new strength in your life that you need. He knows everything. I knelt down as I feel bad for the thoughts that I have, to escape from all these things. It reminds me of the things I told Him back then when I just got to CHC. Exam period is always a period of time when I feel dry and have the reluctance to go to church. Studies and myself seems to occupy too much space in my heart. Feel selfish once again. Thank God for reminding me. I will never want to be apart from you ever agian. :)

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." ~ Psalms 126:5

No comments: