Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I miss everyone...*sobz* :(

"If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie here with me and just forget the world?"

Above is the chorus for the song "Chasing cars" by Snow Patrol. I was watching the show "Gray's Antomy" and there was a scene where the girlfriend (or wife) lie next to a dying patient as he said his last few words. The girl was describing their wonderful past happy memories to him, putting them down in small little details. The guy was struggling to speak and after he managed to let out his last few words, the long dreading "Doooo...." sound came out of the heartbeating machine (I forgot what is the machine called le). Then they played this part of the song:

"If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie here with me and just forget the world?"

I cried immediately. I was touched. The girl just did what the song sang and lie next to the man she loved and happily sending him off his final journey. You know what is the happiest thing in your life? To me, I believe is to lie next to the ones you love and simply enjoy in your own private world, where there is no stress, no worries, no competition from this world.

The scene brought me back to think of God. He is the one I know I can always find comfort in when He is by my side. When you can lie next to another person and there is no trouble, no worries and simply peace in your heart, it shows how much this person means to you and how comfortable you can be with this person. This person certainly holds some place in your heart.

And suddenly I started to miss all my friends and my family. I miss my dearest friend Brian and I wonder how he is doing in US at this moment of time. I miss my girlfriends, Wah Wah and Steph, and I wonder how come Friday seems such a long way to come before I can see them again. I miss my mummy and daddy in China and I wonder how they are doing there...is daddy stress or overwork again? Has mummy found her job there? Are they having a good time together and having their honeymoon? Are they staying healthy and eat the right stuffs (especially mummy who loves to eat the roadside stalls...haiz...and I have inherited this hobby from her too... :P) I miss my cousin Sarah in NZ...I haven't seen her for years and I wonder how they are now. I even miss my cell group sisters and brothers: Shu Hui (I miss the bible study and the chats that we had before BS); Belle (I miss the long walks after cell group when we can chat our hearts out); Weng and Kat (I miss having breakfast and playing pool with you guys). I simply miss every one of my friends who holds a place in my heart (now I wonder how big is my heart...hahaha...lol).

These few days I realise many things that come across me seems to be reminding me to treasure those who are dear to me around. Maybe it's the exam period time that I usually start to shut myself out in my room and start to lose touch with these people. Haha...my post-exam-stress sydrome I guess... :P I think I never appreciate them that much...but never be late to show your appreciation before it is REALLY too late.

To all my friends: I miss all of you and hope everyone is doing fine. Take care ya? *hugz* :)

"Reminder: We are products of God but not of this world. Seek God first always and yes we will find comfort and forget about the world when we lie next to Him."

No comments: