Sunday, October 15, 2006

God or $$$? :P

Today started off with my bible study with Shu Hui at the foodcourt...hahaha...I guess this is the shortest BS we have ever had. But the topic was on Fellowship and I guess there is not much new things to learn but the lesson serves more as a reminder for us to fellowship with one another ba...lol And thank God for Shu Hui as she (together with Belle) prayed for me for healing for the recovery from my fever just before the service starts...thank you sisters! *hugz* :D

I was more amazed that Pastor Kong asked for all those who are sicked this week to raise up their hands so he can pray for them. This is something that doesn't happen every week and certainly I raised mine and let the others prayed for me. Haha...thank God coz I really need these prayers as my flu had lasted for like a month long and the fever only activated now...the haze and the weather is making me vulnerable to anywhere outside my hostel room...hahaha...the side effect of my hibernation ya? :P

Today's message was on the truth about God & Money. God is a practical God who is concerned with the very practical things in life -- He is concerned about our money. Do you know that out of the 32 parables Jesus spoke of, 16 of them have to do with money? ;) Remember that we are NOT a product of this world but of God. We are created in His own image. So God loves money too! lol But then we can NEVER serve both God & Money together. The devil knows that no one will listen to a poor person. And in every society, people become poor as the result of (1) laziness, (2) calamity, (3) exploitation, and (4) sacrifice.

Pastor Kong also talks about 5 truth about money.

1) Money draws your heart to where you invest it. (It is easy to tell who you love because you will be willing to give that person things without considering what's on the price tag.)

2) Money is NOT evil. (It is only the GREED or LUST for money that is evil...you can't find a verse in the bible that says money is evil.)

3) Money takes on your personality. (It shows if you are stingy or generous giver. Even if a drug dealer offers you money, take it! It's not like the money will make you to become a drug addict too...it only becomes dirty money if you used them in the wrong ways.)

4) Your money is your life. (We are paid for the amount of our life that we invest in our works.)

5) Your money is your life multiplier. (What you give to God He will multiply it for you.)

Money is such a sensitive issue at times that we don't like to talk about. Haha...not many people like to talk about it. As the service went on, I thought about my own financial management. Ever since going back to church, the passion for shopping has subsided. Or I guess I am either broke, too old for shopping or to busy with my work that I never really think about it. Glad that today I finally made some shopping for myself -- 3 new Christian books! :D Hahaha...since God has already provided me with an abundance of clothes, bags, shoes and accessories, all I need now is to build up my little library of God. Attributes is having the year-end sales now and immediately after service I went to grab some good stuffs there: 1) "Keys To Financial Excellence" by Phil Pringle, 2) "Faith That Overcomes The World" by Ulf Ekman, and 3) "Being The Person God Made You To Be" by Joyce Meyer. Anyone interested in reading them can borrow from me too ya? :P

The day ended early for me as I went home without attending the prayer meeting coz I am not feeling very well. The aircon at the hall is making me sick again. Next week will probably be going for blood donation...hope I can get well by then and hope I can finally donate my blood this time...hahaha...3 more trys and I will give up hor? :P

Juz got Steph sms that I can finally meet her and Ying Wah this Friday night. These two gals are my close friends for many years le...the few girls who I know don't really desire to be tai-tais too (Haha...those who know me should know my stand on being tai-tai too ba...lol) Haiz...but I just realise that the topics between me and them seem to be lesser nowadays. They would share about their times with their darlings and I can only listen. Hahaha...so sad to all the guys man...these two great gals are taken! :) But I still love them anyway...hahaha...something to look forward to for my week...Yeah! lol

"Munching on my semi-burnt semi-soften lasagna made out of the toaster...hahaha...still edible la...hahaha...so don't think I need to take any picture of it yet ba? :P"

No comments: