Sunday, September 16, 2007

Europe Trip: Italy > VENICE! (30/05/07)

This is one of my favourite entry for the Europe trip as I had finally have my dream come true, that is to be able to tour VENICE!!! *bleam*
The railway to Venice the Water City!
It is scenic as the train travels on the bridge to the world famous island...*excited* :DVenice...here we come! :PAnd here we are...finally at VENICE!!!This is the one and only city in the world that has no cars driving along the streets. What replace them here are the canals and boats only...truly sticking up to the name of being the Water City! I love Venice! :D
Venezia, though small, but they are very well known for their glass products with the unique colour and patterns that looks like some tiles or paintings.

The most famous glass here is called the Murano Glass and they range in different levels according to their qualities. Well to me, they actually all look about the same...

The glass pieces are really worth buying here because compared to Singapore, the prices are like 5 times lower! Probably that's the one and only thing that is cheap from Venice...Fire station of Venice...which I suppose would have fire boats instead or fire ambulances... Piazza San Macro and its famous pigeons!
The whole square is basically flooded with pigeons!
I regretted buying that pigeon food to feed them coz they don't even give me a chance to open that bag. I was being swarmed by the little flying birds even since the food is in my hands! I feel totally like being attack by the pigeons! Oh well...hope these little ones would never fly to Hong Kong or China...or else they wouldn't behave in this way manz...hahaha...lol
The 'casualty' of the battle with the pigeons....ouch!There are many museums all over Europe. Even in a small city like Venice, where you can finish walking the whole place within hours, you still can't miss it out. :) GONDOLAS!

If only I have more cash I would have gone onto one of those boats...sigh... Artists and painters are everywhere in Italy.

This old man sketches his paintings really well...
Streets and canals of Venice...taken this photo slightly away from the crowded streets that are filled with tourists. This is exactly what I like about Venice: scenic, unique, and peaceful...Venice is really a small place to walk around and easy to get lost coz everywhere looks about the same! The road signs are pretty confusing too as they have both for the pedestrains and the boat as well...True Italian GELATO!
I ate these every single day while I was in Italy...oh well who can resist them!Laundry Self Service Shop!

Bet you cannot find such shop yet in Singapore...hahaha...lol *bleah*Is it just me or the local fruits and vegetables somehow look more fresh and green?!

This is the street of the wet market in Venice, which consisted of quite a few stalls only.

Coming to Venice has always been a dream of mine...and now my dream has finally come true!

No comments: