Tuesday, September 04, 2007

SOT Graduation 2007

Today's the Big Day for Dennis -- his SOT (School of Theology) Graduation Day! :D The graduation ceremony is held after our Sunday service...kinda reminds me of my very own NTU convocation...sounds so long ago manz...hahaha...lol
Dennis did not just graduate from SOT but he has also won the Best Attendance Award! We are really proud of you for you really shine from this course bro...woohoo! :DDennis has certainly become the star of the day! :))CONGRATULATIONS to you DENNIS!!! *smilez*We are all so proud of you...you're indeed God's King and Priest!Tina, Me, and Weng!
We have pretty much a great time of our own too coz today is the last lesson of The Sermon on the Mount. Thank God for the new revelations in everyone of us! :)Cheers to Dennis once again! :)
I wonder when will be my turn to become one of the SOT graduates one day...
I really want to be one of them and be bless by Your words Lord. :)May God bless my brother abudantly and use him to shine for Jesus in the marketplace. :)Our CG decided that the best gift for Dennis upon his graduation from SOT is none other than to go for his most favourite KTV session! :D
I joined them right after my drama ministry and we had so much fun! I get into the singing mood very fast too...is it because I am used to going KTV sessions these days or I am loving KTV more and more nowadays??? Hahaha...lolCandid shot of Weng! :P
He seems to be in a pretty high spirit lately...and getting super lame too...hahaha...lol

Great time for all of us in this KTV session manz...thank God for all these wonderful fellowship!

Seeing Dennis graduating from SOT is a great inspiration to me. Ever since last year Jason graduate from SOT, the thought of taking up the course one day has and always will be on my mind. Today, I am pretty surprised to find out that even one of my tutorial classmate from NTU, Wong Cheng Jun, was among the SOT graduates too. If he wasn't being nominated for the Best Overall Performance students, I really wouldn't know that someone like me, a fresh graduate just from college, would be so on fire for God and enrolled in the course immediately. This is really something for me to think about...

I have my ministry training right after the service and hence I can only joined them much later for the KTV session. Maybe because of the trek from Saturday that brought all of us so much closer together, I am really grateful for Chau who called me this morning to make sure I did manage to attend service and even company me for lunch while the others are gone to Chinatown. Thank God for this great fellowship! :)

The training workshop for drama ministry is great too and I learn lots from it. Being in the backstage crew is mainly about making props but yet not really in that way too. To have good props for the production, we also need to read the scripts for the play and take note of every details of the play and imagine it in our mind how it should go. And once we got the picture of the scenes, we will then be able to make the props that we need for the play. For example, you need to understand how the king would feel when he seats on his throne: Would he want to oversee everyone around him? How to make him look more superior than the others? That is the reason why you usually see the king's throne is placed on a platform with stairs that is slightly higher than anyone else...got it? :)

Many people has asked me why I didn't try out for the front stage. Now I know why. Coming to the workshop, I realised there is a lot of involvement in arts and crafts skills, something I like to do most in my spare time as well. Indeed, God didn't put me into a place that is popular and probably desire by everyone -- he sees what we have and put us into the position that will bring out our very best talents and use them. I like making props now. It is fun for me as it feel so much like I was back in my Arts lessons in my secondary school days. Moreover, I realise I can of pretty much help with my arts and crafts skill too...hey I score well for my arts back in DHS k? :P Hahaha...lol

God has a destiny for all of us and he always does things with a purpose. I don't know if I will be able to make it to SOT next time too or will I be able to make the sacrifice for that 4 months. But yet I know what I can do now is to do what I can do -- discipline myself and grow more spiritually with His words. Drama ministry will be a great start for me to serve God and the church, and to know more people other than my cell group who has the same desire for more of Him. It really opens my eyes to see so much more now...thank God for the eye opening experience... :)

"Now I should concentrate on my CFA Level I in Dec...oh manz it's so tough! Go Go Jiayou Christine! :P"

2 comments:

Gaynor said...

Good to keep up with what you are doing Christine. Loved your previous post with all the photo's. Why can't I do photo's like that?!! Not fair!
Love, Gaynor x

27hcram said...

Haha you have lots of activities there and I wish I can experience those things too...like how to make a Lamington! Delicious looking...teach me if got chance! =P