Monday, September 24, 2007

Prawn Fishing!

Me & my prize for the night! *bleam*
I don't mean to boast but it was a wonderful day for me as this is the very first time I went for prawn fishing. Being the first and also the fastest person to catch a prawn sounds honoured! :DD
My rewards --> 3 PRAWNS!!! *yeah* One of them comes with a tag on its body. Frequent fishers say they are rare and hard to catch as you can bring the tag to the counter and exchange for cash ranging from $2, $5, $10 or free 3 hours of prawn fishing worth $39! Woohooo!!! lolWe went to prawn fishing only after our Botak Jones dinner, drinking session at Coffee Club, and a round of supper (chicken wings, fried bee hoon) at Holland Village. By the time we reached Taman Jurong, it was closed to 1am! But gosh....look at the crowd!
There were so many people crowding around the pond that we can only manage to find a small area available to squeeze in the 6 of us there. I feel like a village pumpkin that this can be such a popular sports here (opening 24 hours). This is a much more healthier and fun outing for the late night sleepless crowd isn't it? :PThey have all sorts of fishing activities here, starting with the prawn fishing as the cheapest and the most easiest. The price shown includes the rod, the bait, as well as the net for you to put your catch. It will be much cheaper to go in groups so you can share the package with a few people (can rotate to hold the rod to fish)!We are all first-timers here and we are getting so excited about it! :DThere are small paths around the pond and you can choose your place to fish according to your likings! Sometimes it takes a long to fish, sometimes you don't...so you can find people who are bored walking around this whole area...hahaha...lolWe rent 3 rods in total so there will be 3 of us fishing at the same time! There are quite some work to do before you fish too like cutting the clam into tiny pieces and hooked them onto the fishing line as bait for the prawns. After that it is just waiting, and waiting, and waiting...My prawn with the tag!!! :DD
We only know about the tag thing because I attracted quite a lot of attention from people around me when I got hold of the moving and flipping prawn! Hahaha...it was my first time catchin something so alive...and well...ya you know what girls will do right? :P
The nice uncle besides me saw what I got there and tell us about the tag. So we claimed from the counter a $2 cash with the tag! That's just so simple manz...hahaha...thank God for the uncle or else I would juz throwed the tag away like any other garbage on the table...oh well... :))Terry was the third to catch a prawn and his was the biggest among us all with a super-sized pincer! Glad that he let go of a few before he manage to get this big prawny here! :DVincent, who initiated this event, caught 2 prawns too!Joe and Yee Sin caught a prawn too. He took a short time of about 5 minutes to get it, which matches so well with what he is trying to 'promise' us on before he went for fishing...hahaha...so truly a man who keep to his words ya? :P
But sadly his 5 minutes is broken by me later on when I caught a prawn in LESS THAN A MINUTE!!! :D I can't believe it myself at first too because it was just THAT fast:
  1. Throw the bait into the river,
  2. Wait for the indicator to go upright and being pulled down,
  3. Wait for the right depth where the indicator is being pulled to,
  4. Pulled the rod towars the back!

3 prawns, $2 tag and fastest timing...I guess it was my lucky day that day and the unlucky day for the prawns! :P

Our catch for the day!!! *grinz* :DDIt was all worth the 2 hours of fun!
Well, thank God that I came! :p Hahaha...thanks for the persuading manz...lolThe prawns can be barbecque immediately as there are BBQ pits around. It was a cruel scene though coz the prawns will jump off the grill because of the heat if you didn't hold them firmly. Well, so much so for the fun, there are always some sacrifices to be done as well... :S

The prawn meat is crunchy and fresh with a natural salted favour. It wasn't that hygenic to eat them but it was a good experience to me. Well, my sleep is lost...but for a good reason this time.

Fishing is fun especially you are on the verge of getting the prawn hooked up and yet it went off, probably the movement to your rod alert them about some danger. Sometimes, you can feel the prawn slowly nibbling away your food and yet it is not enough to hook them up and let them run away. You can feel quite fed up with that but you will also be wiser. There are some skill to be picked up here if you want a quick catch. I have seen a few of the experts around who can hook up a few prawns in juz a few minutes! Coolz...lol

Initially, I don't have much likings to fishing as I heard how cruel it is to hook the fish up and eat them. Or worse you let them go, they will still suffer a slow death because when you took off the bait from their mouth, the hook would have designed in the way that it will cut their throat and die slowly to remain its freshness. So eating the prawns at that time I don't feel that good too...but then they were already cooked so not eating them will be such a waste too right? :/

I wouldn't mind going there again. This is so much more fun and healthier compared to pubbing or clubbing at night ya? :P Hahaha...something to keep the sleepless people busy...or even just to make them fall asleep while waiting for the prawn to be hooked...and juz wait...and wait....and.... *zzzZZZ* :P

No comments: