Saturday, January 06, 2007

Desperate Housewives Season 3

My prized possesion! :D
Simply desperate for DH 3...I can never get enough of it! :P
This is what I do when I don't shop in HK or China...lol *wink*
I miss watching Desperate Housewives when I was in my house in China. Starting to feel a bit bored in my room nowadays. I think I need some time to settle down before my school starts again. Hahaha...cool down period after all that shopping, eating and movies marathon back in HK ya? :P
And just for information, I am a big fan of the TV drama series "Desperate Housewives"! :D 2 seasons of the show has gone and the season 3 is upcoming soon. Thank God for the HK trip coz I managed to get a set of 10 episodes of the latest season. The rest of the show I believe is still not shown yet in US...so be patient! *wink* ;)
For those who never watched this great TV drama, let me tell you a little more about it and why it is juz so captivating ya? :P
The series began with Mary Alice Young (Brenda Strong) leaving her perfect house, in the loveliest of suburbs, and ending it all with a gunshot. Now she takes us into the lives of her family, friends and neighbors.

Her circle of girlfriends on Wisteria Lane includes Susan Mayer (Teri Hatcher), the divorcee and single mom who will go to extraordinary lengths for love; Lynette Scavo (Felicity Huffman), who struggles with balancing the complications of work and family issues; Bree Van De Kamp (Marcia Cross) -- Martha Stewart on steroids -- who battles the demons of widowhood, alcoholism and vengeful children; Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria), the ex-model with everything she has ever wanted - a rich husband, a big house -- everything that is, but a good marriage; and serial divorcee Edie Britt (Nicollette Sheridan), the free spirited real estate maven whose love life has everyone buzzing.

Then there are the men: Mike Delfino (James Denton), a plumber who is the on-again/off- again love of Susan's life; Lynette's adorable husband, Tom (Doug Savant), who, it's turning out, has his own share of secrets, and Gabrielle's estranged husband, Carlos (Ricardo Antonio Chavira). Joining the group is Bree's husband, Orson Hodge (Kyle MacLachlan); the charming Ian Kavanaugh (Dougray Scott), a new love interest for Susan; and Austin Britt (Josh Henderson), Edie's 17-year-old nephew, who shares his aunt's knack for stirring up trouble.

[Information above is taken from http://abc.go.com/primetime/desperate/]
From my view, I believe that the 3 seasons of the shows focus on different things in our lives respectively.
In season 1, the story surrounds things like extra marital affairs, work issue and children problems among the families. Plus a little cheesy details and also the mystery of Mary Alice's death and her family secret.
In season 2, the story surrounds issue like children rebellious, baby issue and friendships etc. And of course there is another bigger mystery in the neighbourhood like before and this time the focus of the small neighbourhood falls on the Applewhite who just moved into Wisteria Lane.
As for the latest season, the show appears to focus more on love relationship problems such as mistakes that had happened in the past coming to haunt a great marriage now (the Scavos); secrets from Bree's new husband Orson Hodge and the importance of TRUST is highlighted here; life after divorce (Gabrielle) and what is really true love (Susan Mayer). The focus of the big mystery is on Bree's new husband Orson Hodge and the same old mystery to the background of Mike Delfino, Susan's on-off lover, who lost his memory from a car accident.
I love season 3 more coz I guess it is more close to my heart. Like what Carlos Solis, Gabrielle ex-husband had said in the show keep ringing in my mind -- If you don't like me, why can't you pull that trigger even when you are with another men who is richer and more handsome than me?.
And in this season, I start to admire Lynette Scavo who make the effort to accept her husband, Tom, and even his illegitimate daughter, Kayla, into the family in order to save her marriage and family. Her tolerance for Nora, Kayla's mother, is admirable. Kinda noble to me tho...lol
It is also touching to see what Susan Mayer did to Mike even when he had forgotten everything about their past. He even fallen in love for Edie who dumped him immediately after he was put in bail by the police. I guess this just shows that true love is never a smooth course and it takes lots of courage and sacrifices to make it works sometimes. So blessed are those who make their relationsips work wonders... :)
Often I wished to become a woman who has the best part of each of them: Bree's ability to be a perfect housewife; Lynette's wisdom and passion in her family and the sacrifices she is willing to pay for her family; Gabrielle's beauty and quick-witted character; and Susan's foolishness in love that sometimes you know you just don't need to be too suspicious always.
But I guess I am more like Lynette who would not want to give up working yet I am willing to sacrifice for my family and my marriage if there is a need. To me, I want to be more like Bree who can always stay so strong in handling problems. Ha. :P
Today I just missed the farewell dinner for Qiyang as Pei Ying forgets to msg me about the details. But then, I guess I should have called her to find out about it too. Haiz...simply lazy manz...so SORRY QIYANG!!! I hope you have a great time over there in China ya? :) May God bless you with love and strength to be a strong man there...Peiying will certainly miss you lots manz! :P Hope to see you back here soon! *wink* :D
And thanks Brian for your card too. :) I am honoured to be one of the 3 who received it! :D Do reply me when you got time too k coz sometimes I would wonder if you are ignoring me or not. Haha...lol Take care there and stay strong! *hugz*
"Simply desperate...for Desperate Housewives. :P"

No comments: