Saturday, December 16, 2006

Believe in Love

As you walk along the road, have you ever notice the pebbles and the rocks on the path? The smaller they are, the easier it is for you to kick them away. But yet, to the big boulders, how are you going to remove them?

I realise that, very often, our walk with God is never a smooth journey. There are many obstacles along the way to test our faith. Anything can come into our way: our work, our studies, our health, our friends, and the most crucial of all -- our family members.

I remember I was told that God will test our faith from time to time. He wants us to say it ourselves where He is in our hearts, even though He already know what is going to be the result of the test. And to test our faith, He will choose to use what is most precious to us. To most of us, our family members are very often used.

Family members are not given to us by choice but by destiny. I mean, how many of us Christians have come across the objections from our family members over our beliefs? How many of our parents have criticized us over what we believe in? I can understand the hurt and pain that many of us feel. Because these are the ones we love speaking to us, and to whom we expected to speak words of kindness instead.

The conversation with my friend last night made me realise the unnoticeable changes that already happened in my family. Even though my mum and I are always in miscommunications last time, God has helped me and her to learn to cope with each other's different characteristics. I thank God that we have resolved those communication conflicts now.

Especially when we have conflicts with our family, I believe it is more important we need to hold on to our faith. It is tough but it will make us strong. Prayer changes things. There is nothing more powerful than prayer because we are talking to God, the God who knows, understands and loves us more than anyone else.

If you are reading this my friend, I just wanna tell you that I am proud of you as being such a strong person. May you continue to rely on Him for guidance and strength. :)

"And we know and believe the love God cherishes for us. God is love, and he who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him. ~ 1 John 4:16"

No comments: