Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Service! :D



Brought my mummy to the service this evening. It was the FIRST time I am finally bringing my mummy to see CHC...and it is also my FIRST time watching the Easter service. And I know when the Easter service is over, I can finally declare that I have been to CHC for a year then. Well, that sounds really fast to me...and I really have to thank God for this wonderful past one year I have been here... :))

As expected, the Easter service is pretty much the same flow of events as that of the Christmas service, which mainly feature the big production from the drama ministry, a short sermon, and the altar call. I LOVE the drama production as it never fail to surprise me with their excellent preparation, performance, and the sense of humour it carries yet doesn't affect the message it brings. I was so AMAZED by the way they changed my favourite song, the soundtrack from Tokyo Drift by the Teriyaki Boyz, with lyrics that actually fits into about praying and fasting!!! :DD Hahaha...wish I can record that down so I can make amendments to my current ringtone...hahaha...lol

The production really serves as a great reminder again to me on how much Jesus has sacrificed for all of us. Like the Korean boy story which pastor mentioned (will write about the story when I got time as it is really beautiful), it is only out of love for us that Jesus will choose to do his will for us -- to die on the cross for our sins. I teared again and again as I watched the production when they showed the cruel treatment on Jesus. All the canings, the part when Jesus carries the cross on his back, the judgement in front of the crowd...Ouch... How can we forget all these??? We really have to think through WHAT have we done for God instead of simply asking him for more or to forgive our sins. All I wanna do right now is to keep praising and worshipping him for everything He has given me...how wonderful life can be with You in my life... :)

Today, I am really glad that my mum agree to come to the service with me. When pastor made the altar call, frankly speaking, my mind keep thinking of what I can say to my mum then. I know some of the members have give me signals for me to invite my mum down to the altar. But somehow, I AM actually hoping that someone else will do the job for me because, you know, it just feel really awkward for me to ask her down...when all because she is my mother?! Haiz...hard to explain that feeling manz... :S

But nevertheless, I picked up that courage and asked my mum if she feel touched or feel anything special. And she replied me "Yes". So I kinda ask her to just go down with me to be prayed for, pulling Shu Hui along with me so I will feel less awkward. Shu Hui, really thanks for companying down with me there because your presence really makes me feel so much better...thanks dear... *hugz* :) Well, my mum is pretty cute too in a way she thought she is NOT allowed to go down with me since she is not a member of CHC...hahaha...oh well...lol

After the service (and after making many decisions and hesitations as well... :P), we head to the Changi Airport for dinner at the staff canteen. Thank God the canteen closes at 9pm on weekends, or else we may not be able to go there coz it was already 8pm by the time we get there. It seems like everyone is very happy and talking as well.

My mum seems to click very well soon with my cell group, especially with Dennis with their food and hawker talks, and all those karaoke sessions. :P And seriously, I NEVER realise how happening my mum is! Hahaha...surprise surprise surprise...my mum actually frequent the clubbing places like Zouk and Devil's Bar with her facial friends! OMG! And she knows exactly when are the ladies nights too...AAHHH!!! Well, I guess it is my fault as I never ask her much about her late night outings as I only thought she is going over to the pubs with her friends only. I mean, that's what I like to do to pub rather than clubbing as I like that coziness to chat with friends over some beers and finger food...yummy! :DD I only remember once that she has asked me to join her with her friend before to some pubs at Clarke Quay. But I rejected her offer, thinking that it will be quite boring when I don't even know her friends there. Oh well, life is always full of surprises isn't it? Hahaha...cute mummy... *hugz* :D

Tomorrow I will have to go to service again as Yanning and Yuhan are coming over for service. Well, I actually meant the Sundays as my studying days though. But then I guess it is more important for me to accompany my friends to service, especially they finally agree to come over ya? :)) Hahaha...just one thing: hope they don't pang seh me on the very last minute again like they used to over the past few (or many) times... *cross finger* :X

"THANK YOU JESUS because of your sacrifice on this day, we are able to be set free again."

No comments: