Sunday, April 15, 2007

Special Weekend With Benny Hinn

Daph & Me! :)Our choir!
Notice that they actually form a big white cross there? Very cool wor... :P Shu Hui & Me! :)Can you see that the WHOLE stadium is totally packed with people?
How amazing...*astonished*Joanne & Me! :)
Have a very long day today as I met up with Daph, Joanne, Amanda and Shuhui for a little chat before we headed down to Singapore Indoor Stadium for Benny Hinn's Evangelistic Meeting. The crowd was huge and the queue was long. We had been there ever since 4pm (while the meeting only started at 7pm).

Just a brief introduction for all those who never heard about Benny Hinn:

Rev. Benny Hinn is a world-renowned healing evangelist who has traveled extensively around the globe, preaching and teaching on the biblical principle of divine healing through the atoning work of Jesus Christ on the cross. In his conferences, miraculous signs and wonders often follow his emphatic preaching of God's Word. Innumerable individuals have been greatly impacted through his
powerful ministry.

More about Benny Hinn is found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_hinn

I was totally surprised and overwhelmed by the huge crowd gathered inside the stadium. People don't just come from Singapore but many other countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia and even Philippines as well. By 6.30pm, the whole indoor stadium was completely full. Absolutely ALL seats in there were taken up even though there were still many people streaming in.

As Rev Benny Hinn spoke, his voice and his posture were, I would say, very charismatic. There was just something in his voice that you couldn't help but feel totally attracted to his speech. Well, sounds a bit like those story narrators to me... :P The choir was simply spectacular and they certainly had put up a very great performance.

The highlight of the night was of course the healing part, where many patients came up onto the stage to testify for the miracles done onto them. Everyone in the stadium was praying in tongues and you could feel that somewhat the atmosphere was totally filled up with the Holy Spirits. Some of the people even fell onto the chairs and the floor as the pastor prayed for the Holy Spirit to touch them.

Yet I have to admit somewhat I feel a little difference.

As the pastor was praying with the crowd, I prayed in tongues as well. I would say it feels good in me as I actually feel an energy surge through my body. When the pastor exclaimed the word "Touch!", I felt a slight current passing through me there. Yet at the same time, on the other inner side of me, I could also feel a strong opposite force that pushes me against the current. Instantly, I have lots of questions running in my mind again as I became doubtful for what I felt. Somewhat, this feeling is just not justifiable to what I believe in. Could it be my reluctance to believe in Holy Spirits? Or could it be my stubborness to open up? Or could it I am too conscious about falling? Or even...could it be I just don't feel anything?

I can't say I totally don't believe in such things as Holy Spirits working in us. I felt it before when I had completely no idea why I could feel all those emotions in me (not that I feel guilty or what) when I just ran back to God and started crying and totally touched by His presence. I saw friends who have experienced them who would become somewhat "different" from the normal sense during such services that deal with the Holy Spirits. I did feel a little "different" as I prayed together with the people around me today. Yet I have to say it is only a LITTLE difference and I don't feel that much of a great push on me when the pastor exclaimed "Touch!". Well, I wondered if my heart somewhat had a hard spot for this...and I do know this shouldn't be right but I just can't help to feel it that way...

While the pastor was praying today, I actually noticed a man in the floor area, ministered by a church supervisor and probably his relative who sat beside him, kept standing up and down and moving his leg in the process. I didn't take my eye off him for fear that I can't locate where he was again. Initially, he was assisted by his relative as he stood up in front of the church supervisor who then talked to him and laid hands on his head to pray. After that prayer, the man stood up again, moved his legs up and down, then he sat down again. Soon, he stood up again, moving his legs again and sat down. He repeated this at least 4 to 5 times before he finally stood up, lifting up his hands to praise and worship while the relative beside him now kneel on the ground to pray. And at this time, tears started to flow down my cheeks...

The man did not go up to the stage to testify for his healing in the end. Yet to me, compared to many of those who went up on stage to testify their miracles, this man had indeed impacted greatly on me about the service. His testimony juz seemed so much greater and such a big comfort to me.

This is truly what I quoted again from St Augustine:

"Faith is to believe what we see, and the reward is to see what we believe in."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear sister! I just read parts of your blog and I really like it a lot. Congratulations to beeing a Christian!!! I believe that it's wonderful when you actually can feel the power of The Holy Spirit, but I just want to say that sometimes God does marvellous things without us feeling anything. I have struggeled some with this question... Someone told me though, that if I always expected God to work through my senses, I would build a wall between me and God. He is just as real and does many things even when our feelings are not involved so don't blame your self for the lack of feelings. Our faith rely on Jesus Christ, not in our emotional experiences (though as I said, it is wonderful to actually feel Him) Hebr 11:1
God Bless You (and I'll bookmark your blog) Love /Em in Sweden

27hcram said...

Thanks! :) I feel very encouraged by you for being interested in the things I wrote as well. Thanks for all those concerns and sharing with me how you feel too.

God bless,
Christine