Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, Terence! :)

Happy to be at the final Easter service with Daph! :DCelebrating Terence's birthday @ NYDC Suntec
Left to right: Bavis, Yanning, and Me! :))LOVE the mudpies there! :P Oh and my yummy baked rice too! :DHere's the birthday boy...TERENCE! :DDOur birthday presents for him -- a T-shirt that is NOT his normal style wor...hahaha...hope he likes it and wear it often manz...lolGuess who's back? It's JIAN HU!!! :D
He is staying in Singapore till 19 Apr, for about 2 weeks. Thank God he is here coz I am still wondering how to get his UK number...hahaha...lol Well bro, see ya over there in London! *bleam* :D

Thank God for this wonderful Easter! :)

Initially, I don't intend to go out today as my exam is approaching. But for the sake of my friend coming over for the service, I took a cab from my hall all the way down to Expo...well, that really burnt my wallet manz...haha...lol

But thank God it is all worth it because God has certainly worked in the heart of my friend today. :) You don't know how great I feel to have you with me at the service, being able to share lots to each other, and joining my cell group friends as well...hope to cya more there! *hugz* :D

Coz I talked to my friend, I realised that there are many things hesitating her to get close to God. At first I really thought she is giving me excuses again because of many things that happen in the past few monts that every time I asked her to come, somehow there will be some events that in the end she never shows up. But soon I realised that I must have mistaken her in the past that I thought her attitude towards God is wrong as I feel she is not really serious about going back to Him by the way she acts even though she told me she wants to do so. Thank God I was persistent in asking her to come, again and again, despite the fact that I have to admit that I was totally disappointed and kinda feeling of giving up on asking anymore, for I do fear of those disappointments I will get when she go back on her words again. I feel so helpless then.

I shared with her soon after the service, and getting to know that there are many things happened in her life for the past few months that have caused her to have difficulty in making her decision to come back to God. And some of them I have been through too and I understand those awful feelings. One of her situations is even exactly the same as I had when I backslided. It actually took me lots to share with her about it because it was a past that I didn't like to recall. It still hurts and I know it is a big regret that I have. Yet I know only if I share to her my story, she will then know well enough the consequence of it. Well, if you are reading it, you know pretty much the result of it as seen in my life that I really hope you will never follow my foot steps...just to let you know...

LikeI said before, there are just many things that are about US instead of about God. And that shows how much we are wiling to give to God. There is no pressure for us not to give to God yet when we are not ready. But the questions is thrown back on us: What have we done for God? if we think that we should not go back to God just because we are not ready, that will be something we shouldn't do. Taking your relationship with your friends for examples, imagine that I never catch up for a few years, do I still know you as well as I do before? I don't think so! And even if you two are very close friends will still feel a little strage at the beginning of your conversation.

Today service is pretty much the same like that of yesterday's. The Korean boy story and the production move my heart once again. Like I said before, I realise what is more important for us Christians to look at is NOT what God has done for us, but simply what WE have done for God. We will never stop to give praise to God for the things He has done for us. And like I told Yanning, it would probably be a list that never ends. Yet, how would you feel when you look at the list of things that you have done for God? Juz to be clear, I am NOT asking you to compare your list to that from God's list. It can NEVER be compared. But is your list of things you do for God long or short? Are YOU satisfied with it? Well, for me I am definitely not. All I want is to make that list just longer than now, and longer again, and just longer, and longer... I know I have many obligations for me, and so does everyone else. We can never compare ourselves with others because all of us are just different with different obligations to fulfill. Think about it...

We went to celebrate Terence's birthday at NYDC after the service and some of them went to KTV (as Bavis persisted it...hahaha...lol) and play cards and pool at Chris' country club, The Legend. Well, as I need to go back to study, I can't join them and went for a short walk with Yanning before heading back hall. There goes my easter day...hahaha...lol

No comments: