Thursday, August 10, 2006

The BEST National Day Celebration I have ever had...Happy 41st Birthday Singapore!

















National Day is not a day I would look forward to since last year. In fact, I wish this day never happened. But one year later, this is the day where I had a great time of fellowship with my friends...all thank to God and all my friends who make this day happen... :)

The day started off with a singing fiesta at K-ster at Lucky Chinatown. As usual, the session started off slowly and everyone picking their own songs and sing with their best voice. But when the atmosphere starts to warm up and our moods get high, we sang with enthusiams, probably even sounds like we are shouting into the microphones rather than singing! We also discovered a few potential superstars among us: Brian and Yehui. Towards the end of our short 4 hours of singing session, we dedicated a song (Wu Qi Long's "Zhu Ni Yi Lu Shun Feng") to Brian who will be heading to US to persue his studies in 2 weeks' time. The song is basically sung about the wishes that we had for him and to wish him a pleasant journey. Maybe it's because Brian is a close friend of mine, or simply the lyrics of the song is touching, I almost teared as I sang the song...guess I am a cry baby ya?

Most of us went back home or had already made plans for the night. So that's left me, Joanne, Brian and Chris who are still free and available for the night. We decided to treat ourselves to a steamboat dinner at Marina South where we can enjoy the view of the fireworks at the national day parade as well. Sadly, the place we sat was blocked and we never get to see it. Chris's friend, Sky, joined us soon after. He appears to have a lot of things to share with Chris and they quickly fell into deep conversation. That leaves the 3 of us happily cooking, eating our great achievement of wonderfully cooked food, and chatting away about anything. After dinner, we took a walk back to the MRT station and we continue to talk about issues on our friends, our church, our studies and everything that come across our minds. We are so engrossed in our conversation that we almost get lost on way back! We certainly had a great fellowship and I really wish the night can just last a little bit longer...thank you for this wonderful day...love you guys! :P

"I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I am surrounded by angels, and I call them my friends."

No comments: