Thursday, August 17, 2006

Please say a little prayer for them...







Those who have received my email may have seen these photos. But to those who haven't seen them, please pray with me for them...

These pictures come from a long chain of fowarded emails that I received from one of my friends. Most of the time I never really care because they are either funny jokes, comic stripes or pictures taken that you read once and you can delete them. Yet somehow I am touched by these picture showing the soldiers in the third world countries fighting for war. Maybe because recently our national day had just been over and our church have this 24-hr chain of prayer for our own nation Singapore. All of a sudden I have that patriotic feeling toward Singapore even though I don't born here. I feel proud to be here.

Thank God Singapore is one unique country consisting of numerous different racial and religious groups. Yet there is no war and everyone is able to live in peace and harmony. My mum always says Singaporeans are very well 'tamed' -- they are friendly, easily opened up to welcome others and most will obey the laws set by the government. Not many countries can do that. You can really enjoy the peace and security feeling that you can get while staying here. Thank God for bringing me to Singapore, growing up here and making this country such a wonderful place to live in...

But we should never forget about those in the other countries who will need our help and prayers too. Sometimes in our everyday lives we tend to forget what is going on elsewhere in the world and that the brave men and women of the service are just like you and me. They have families and friends back home who love them very much and are praying for their safe return...

So I hope all the christians who read this entry of mine, maybe when you finished reading it, just stop for a moment and say a prayer for the people in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, and all around the world...He will be there listening to all of us...

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27

No comments: