Saturday, August 26, 2006

I love to be in the house of God... :)


For the whole of today, I have been freaking out on many things.

First, the registration of the online assignment which till now I still couldn't get my codes from the publisher and the deadline for it is already passed. But I trust God will let it be extended since I am not the only one facing such problems or He will let me have another way to get me to register for it... :)

Second, I got project discussion on MSN at 11pm and our tutor was supposed to be present for the online discussion with us as it will be evaluated. So right after my cell group meeting, I rushed back to hall by cab (Deanna lend me money first as she is also sharing) and by the time I reached it was already 1130pm. But thank God the tutor went to sleep already and only my group members are discussing. Lucky for me that I didn't miss anything! :P

I really enjoy going to cell group to worship and learn more about Him. I guess the words "stress" and "tired" were written all over my face when I reached Edward's place. I got to apologised to Weng that my tone didn't sound too friendly over the phone as I was really stressed up by the registration thing. Joanne, Belle, Weng, Shuhui and many others were like asking me how I am doing coz I look really stressed up and tired. Haha...thanks for all these brothers and sisters for I know I can always rely on them for comfort. Thank you Belle and Shuhui for always being there to listen to my grumbles about school.

I guess my moodiness lasted me through until I got to play the ice breaker game. We are suppose to stand back to back with the person from the other team and guess what is the total number that we shown on our hands. Person who make the fastest guess wins the game. For me, my opponent was Katherine. You know when you stand right in the middle of the room with everyone looking at you two can be quite stress too? Haha...so by the time we show our hands, we either run away or broke into laughter. So paiseh! We got to take 3 trys before we can finally play it 'properly'. Haha...

Tonight's message was short for the purpose for the combined cell group meeting was mainly to invite new friends to join in. Brother Chris share about what he learnt through A.R. Bernard service which happens last week and he got quite a few of relevations from it.

He told us that everyone of us will have a bad experience in our life that will cause our mind and way of living to change according to it. Yet we have to bear in mind to achieve a successful life or a lifestyle that we want to, we can only do that if we have God in us and that we seek to build His kingdom first. He uses the chain that Dr A.R.Bernard taught us:

First, we have to have good knowledge information.
Second, our mind will turn this information into beliefs.
Third, our beliefs will communicate into self-esteem and self-worth.
Forth, this self-esteem or self-worth will work out as a pattern of actions and behaviour.
Fifth, the way you behave will produce a certain result in your life.
Sixth, these results will then become habits that you will adopt.
Finally, these habits of your life will determine your success and failures in whatever you do.

When we choose to seek God first, we strive to be like him and this piece of information is so great that it will turn all the things in the chain above towards a good path and eventually lead us to success. Haha...maybe this is really something for me that God wants me to learn to build His kingdom first then blessings will come coz Brian actually shared similar stuffs to me before he went off! Wow...thank you Lord that I know you are speaking to me...and yes I will not give up to build your house first before anything else for I have faith in You and for the plans You have for me before I was even created...Amen! :)

"Thank you Lord for listening to my prayers and being there for me always...I love you and will be there to seek to build your house first always...Amen."

No comments: