Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Second day of HAVOC 2006















The morning never start as smoothly as I wanted to because I overslept again! By right, I was to wake up at 630am this morning to prepare the milo for the seniors and freshies who are going off to the SICG. I was so tired that I don't even recall when I turn off my alarm clock and thought I never even set the alarm. Sigh... Fortunately not many people are keen about the breakfast and they wanted to have them after the game...so thank God for giving me this extra little time to bring in a good breakfast for the day. =)

Most of the games played today are held in the school campus but out of the hall. Hence most of the time I will be busy carry and looking after the food and the big tumbler for the freshies and seniors. Luckily Sheralyn (the beauty in the middle of my picture), my subcom member, was there to keep me company and we just sit down and chat about all sort of things. She is very happy to hear that I am attending City Harvest Church now and that I am growing strong in Him. We both talk about how great He is and that He is a God that really saves. No matter what things we've gone through, whether it is happy or painful, we believe that God has his purpose for the things to happen and that if we live by our faith in Him, we are guarantee to lead a fruitful and joyful life that will glorify God. You are the greatest Lord!

The afternoon I just followed the OGs around where they had their field games and telematch. They play the drunken sailor and some of them are acting really ridiculous and funny that I couldn't stop myself from laughing. A war game of throwing water bombs at each other eventually erupted at the end of the field games. Several prominent faces like our hall president and his committee members have become the main targets.

One thing I am grateful to God is for my very own OG member and friends till this day in my hall for the past two years. Every year at least for once in the hall camp activities we will take a group photo, thought sadly the number of people inside the photo has shrunk. But it is very heart warming for me to feel the close bond that we still have till this day after two years in hall, being going out for dinner together or simply just hang around and talk rubbish. We also pulled in many others who simply being 'identified' as a part of our Ingenia family. These people are like Li Bing, Terry. Thank God for this great friendship!

"God loves us and would never leave us during our times of trials and sufferings. Remember when we see only one set of footprints in our life, it is not that he is not with us: He carries you."

No comments: