Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Smarty Computer vs Dummy Me... :P


Haha...as you can see from the title, you will know how much knowledge I have with my computer...lol

What is DVD Decoder? I can't watch movies on my computer now because I don't have any dvd decoders in my computer. All those I found online need to be purchased and those free ones don't seem to match with the one I need to open the movie files...sigh...no movie for me tonight! :(

By the way, today I had my Astronomy lecture in the afternoon. Somehow I regretted going for it coz the lecturer is basically reading word from word on the lecture notes with an accent that I don't understand. Worse still, there is no tutorials for this course and there is nothing for you to copy down because everything are facts that are already shown on the book! Haha...make me feel like slacking...but don't be mistaken that I don't like this subject. In fact, like many young children, I actually thought of becoming an astronaut one day when I grew up. I like gazing at the stars above in the dark blue sky...isn't it just feel so wonderful? :) But astronomy is not an easy course to deal with. You don't just only learn about stars and the sun, you also need to know how the planets are formed, what are the things that make up the planets, how far they are from earth, their temperature, why is there atmosphere for some planets while most of them don't etc...tough course I believe I have chosen to take! *shiver* Haha...but I believe my passion and my persistence in learning will overcome my obstacle ba...yeah! :)

And big news I discovered: Pluto is NOT CLASSIFIED as a planet! On 24th August 2006, the International Astronomical Union has decided that the planet Pluto is redefined as the dwarf planet of our solar system. This is because the size of Pluto is smaller than our earth's moon (with a radius of 1,160km). In addition, there are more than 45 objects in our solar system that have similar sizes. Therefore, the small size of Pluto does not allow it to be classifed as a planet...which means that we are left with only 8 planets in our solar system! (Just for reference, Pluto is make up of ices and it has a moon called Charon (picture above). It is about 39.54AU--1AU=150million kilometres--away from the Sun). Oh gosh...I think the world is going crazier as the time goes by, astronomists happily discovered about the 'truth' of our world and the outer space in the past...and now they happily to discover yet another 'truth'...and maybe in the future the rumours about the possiblities of living things existing on Mars really come true?? Haha...how many truths can there be?! Haiyo...but then...will anyone bother to find out or know exactly what are the differences made? Well, I doubt so! *grinz* :P

Anyway, after school today, I went down to Jurong Point (JP) for some shopping therapy...so long haven't gone for shopping le! :P Somehow I don't feel any urge to buy things anymore. Not that I don't find anything that I like (in fact I saw many clothes, earrings and bags that I want), I just feel like saving up my money...probably to get even greater stuffs in the future?! :P I only buy the things that I need: stationery, more snacks and beddings for my babies (I guess I have spoiled them lots...lol) and some food for my toaster. The only thing that I probably pampered myself is the latest comic book--Bleach 23! Haha...feel so proud of myself that I didn't buy any extra stuffs that I don't need...haha...so does that mean I am maturing? Haha...lol

Back in my cozy little corner, I have carried out yet another rounds of experiment with my all-rounder toaster! :) For those who don't know me, I actually make cookies out of my toaster while the others will use their ovens...haha...lol So this time, a new entry to the Christine's toaster recipe: Scramble Egg! :P Pretty easy to do: Just need to crack the egg on the aluminium tray, push it into the toaster and let it toast for 2-3minutes. Take note of the time coz the egg will get too hard to eat if it was cooked for too long. Haha...the result is not really too bad tho...just the egg a bit harder than normal, got this funny plastic-like sheet on top of the egg...and it taste a bit like plastic too? :P Haha...but generally I think it is still edible and healthy! So anyone who is interested in trying to do that...be my guest! lol

Gee...I just love playing with my toaster...you never know how many amazing things you can do with it! :D My next experiments are set to be cheese macaroni and lasagna coz I already bought the ingredients and the trays I need. Probably after that I want to try out cooking porridge with the toaster too. I was looking at some instant porridge packets in the Liberty market just now, but then i was thinking if there will be too much water vapour evaporating from the porridge in the toaster that may spoil my toaster...haha...lol Maybe I should just proceed with my plan and not to think too much about it? :P

But still, I think playing around with my toaster is certainly much more safer and interesting than with the microwave. Last time I tried to make an hard-'boiled' egg in the microwave and the egg exploded inside! Gosh...I left a messy behind lo...haha...lol And you can't do as much things with the microwave too because its basic function is just to warm up food but not really to cook them. So if anyone have the same thinking as I do...don't follow my step! Haha... *grinz* :P Isn't there a saying that "to cook is to create; and to create well is an act of faith and integrity"? Haha...so have faith to create new wonderful dishes...YEAH! lol

"Food for thought: Never eat more than you can lift, and never take more than you can give." - Christine Law ;)

No comments: