Friday, August 04, 2006

Last day of HAVOC 2006...



















It's been such a long time since I am finally back hall now...only to prepare for the last and finally important game of the camp: initiation. I often wonder what's the purpose of initiation in the freshmen orientation camp. There are a few reasons that I would doubt the importance and the excitement of it.

Firstly, it has to keep about the same games, 'drinking' toilet water and washing feet water, walking around the campus and the seniors will try to make fun of them from any angle they can get their hands on, tickling the freshies with leaves and branches, sliding down the slope and roll yourself in the mud pool, going through the underground drain and finally the seniors will pour them with pails and pails of water while the OG is trying hard to carry a burning candle up the steps to the common hall.

Secondly I don't find it fun anymore on playing such pranks or jokes on people. In fact, I find it a bit immature now to play such games on anyone. I guess my attachment certainly have put me into a more mature position now.

But all this is just my opinion and I guess the initiation is certainly one game that the HAVOC camp can't do without and that it is a tradition for us to play it year after year. It is a process wehreby the freshies will no longer become a freshman but a junior now.

Sometimes I wonder why I really want to join this camp. Is it for the joy, the experience, or the hall points? Hall points should be out of the question and I have more than enough points to get a room (total of 182.8...probably the highest among the girls here). Experience? Possible as the camps I organised last time nothing like this big scale before. Joy? I don't feel any now as I am pretty tired of everything that I am doing.

It is frustrating at times to see my partner simply go back to her and slack or just join the OG that she is attached to and leave the work to me to take care of. I can understand the excitement and the anticipation that she has over joining in and having fun together with the freshmen. I don't blame her on that. Maybe it really come to times when both of us are tired and things don't go smoothly, conflicts and frustrations will start to evoke. I guess we quarrel at one time over the supper that got problem and I went to apologize to her after that. Lucky we are both understand the situation and holding no grudge over each other. It is pretty important the way you treat people: you will the same treatment from others as the way you treat them. And remember God has always say we should love one another. It is perfectly true: without love, there will only be hatre and the world will certainly become a place of war that no longer fits for anoyone to live in.

But I guess I will somehow miss these days when everything goes back to the normal and life will be just the same again, nothing like a few hours of sleep everyday and you got to run around singapore in your sweaty clothes and shorts. So far the camp has been smooth except for a few problems which are solved eventually.

I thank God above for being here to take care of all the programmes and the good weather that we have over the past week. I also thank the Lord for giving me to courage to finish what I have not finish when I was a freshman: to walk finish my Night Hike (can be put as a fright night where freshmen are to walk through haunted building that is already filled with actors and actresses acting as ghost). Anyone who knows me will know that I have darkness-phobia. Any places that are dark will freak me out. Last time I can't finish my walk because of the same reason. I am not afraid of the 'ghosts' around but the darkness will make my mind goes nuts and I cannot think properly to react to anything else. This time I brave through the corridors of the old Changi Hospital with another freshie guy Samuel. This time is less scary to me partly because I know all the actresses and actors and I remember some of the games as I wrote the minutes for some of the meetings. I didn't scream at all probably because I know what I am expecting when I comes to a blindspot or around a corner. But still the stiff air and the total darkness in certain rooms (the surgery and opertaing room especially) really freaks me out and make my hair stands.

Have anyone watched the new drama serial on channel 5--Ghost Whisper? That is my favourite show now...most of the time I watched it I will cry. I wonder even if there are really ghost on earth, they are probably have unfinished business here or they are simply worried over their loved ones and need someone to enlighten them or console them so they can move on. I believe it applies to anyone, dead or alive. Even as we live in this world, we often have problems in our life that sometimes can't be solved by ourselves alone. That's why we need friends, we need a counsellor in our life to help us and guide us along our way. I can be strong because I have God to be my counsellor and my friend...I also have my best friend Ying Wah (the most wonderful girl ever) to be there for me always...thank God for everything!

"Look to the Lord and his strength; Seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgements he pronounced." - Psalm 105:4-5

No comments: