Monday, August 14, 2006

Love cures people -- both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it...








Yeah! Sunday is finally here! Haha...my favourite day of the week...lol

But today started off slightly different than the other Sundays: I went to the Changi Airport at around 9am to send Manling off. Actually I don't really know her much other than Brian's little sister. Only get to know her more as she came for a few of our church service and our cell group meetings. She is a very nice girl to talk to and easily get along well. That time she won a GV voucher and she passed it to me since she won't have the time to go to watch movies. Haha..really blessed by her and to reciprocate it, I also blessed her with a small farewell gift...hope she'll like it! :) I pray to you Lord to guide her through her studies in US and that she will continue to walk with you closely. Farewell my friend...

Today's service was on marriage again. This time, the lesson is on the roles and responsibilities of the husbands. It says that the husbands should lead their wives as a protector, a provider, a physician, a general, a prophet, a priest, a king, a saviour and a lover. I would agree with what the pastor says...don't you think so? :P Indeed, women would want the men to lead them, to have that security of being protected by them. Haha...even if I can be a superwoman one day, able to handle both the work in the office and at home, I would still regard the decision of the my husband to be the decision for the family. Haha...wives should really submit to their husbands...haha...I think I have not much of any disagreement over the message today anyway...lesson absorbed! :p

I always enjoy this marriage session because at the end of it, the atmosphere is pretty loving. Pastor Kong often asked the couples to hug their spouse or give them a kiss or say something sweet. This is really loving, romantic and touching. Haha...love is in the air! Moreover, there is a baby dedication before the talk started (Pastor Kong will press his hand over the babies' head and blessed them in Jesus's name). The atmosphere is really filled with God's love over each and everyone's family! This is just like the movie "Love Actually" where everywhere and everyone is in love...YEAH! :P

After service, we went to have lunch at the Changi Airport, have great fellowship over there as we chatted till 4pm before we took an hour of bus ride to Orchard. Great fellowship we had gotten there! Haha...but still I enjoyed the time when we played pool the most...really missed playing it over the weeks... :P Bro Chris is really an excellent pool player. Haha...Weng was so happied that he managed to beat him in the second game!

We went to have our dinner (probably can be considered as supper as well) nearby...on Brian's treat! He wanted to bless us before he leaves in 10 days' time. He will certainly be a friend I will miss the most *sob*... Sigh...and soon Jianhu will leave too...the usual pool people will probably only left me, Katherine and Weng then...life still goes on...sigh... So I guess I will treasure everytime I had with them now...be it just a few minutes or even a few seconds...

Tomorrow will be Monday, another rounds of lectures, seminars and tutorials for the week. Somehow, I feel super abnormal now because I kinda looked forward to it! This is so NOT ME! Oh gosh...something is wrong somewhere! Haha...or maybe it will be somehow a good sign that the lazy Christine is finally getting herself into the piles of notes and tutorials again...haha... :P

"Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay, love isn't love till you give it away." - Oscar Hammerstein II

No comments: