Wednesday, August 16, 2006

God works in ways you least expected them...
















Today's events: Have lunch with my friend and go to the strategic management lecture together; at night go for prayer meeting.

Sometimes, God will speak to people in many different ways. I was surprised by my friend's question today. He was a Buddist and so I thought I will never talk to him about the topic on Christianity. But God really spoke to him and me to tell him more. I was really surprised when he told me he is considering of converting into Christianity. He gave me his reasons that he realise that Christianity teaches a person to become a better person and to lead a life that is meaningful and great to the others. He told me there are many religions in this world in which they will have their own individual teachings, but yet he saw how Christians' way of living that really applies to the way he would want his life to live and to learn. And after all that he told me, I thought: "Wow...God you really spoke to this person." Maybe all he needs now is to go for a church service to feel His presence...you got to trust God in His plan for us. He will touch your hearts in ways you least expected it. I guess all I can do now is to invite him to my church and continue to pray for his salvation from now on: "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence." (Jeremiah 17:7)

Haha...I feel so blessed that God had given me many friends to reach out to without myself asking for them. Suddenly I feel so happy to have something to work on...like a goal for me. And certainly I know I can always rely on people around me for help. I know I will definitely have to thank Weng (above right bottom) for helping me to bring my friend Yanning to church in the morning and to keep encouraging me along the way when I was discouraged. Haha...really thanks for your care for me and my friend...I am so glad to have a brother like you! :)

After dinner with my hall friends (above left top) at the coffee shop near city harvest, I went for my prayer meeting at the Jurong West hall. This is my FIRST TIME at the prayer meeting at there. The place is beautiful and everything is great. It is like a smaller version of the Expo hall, except with a carpeted floor and cushioned chairs...probably even greater than my school lecture theatres! :P I have a great time of praise and worhip (really wanted so much to jump in joy but yet I was too full to do so...sad...) and a time of prayer for Singapore (did that in the morning too during my time slot...haha...).

We went for supper after the event and had a great time of fellowship. Christabelle (above right middle) stays with me in NTU so we took a walk back together. Actually, I never had the chance to talk so much to Belle because she was always busy or occupied by Lynn or Joanne (haha...). We really took our time to walk though: She companied me back hall to wait for me to put down my stuffs, then I companied back to her hall to put down her bicycle, and then she walked me back to my hall and we sat at a bench and chat. I really enjoy such one-on-one talk with someone like her.

I think I am just a person that can only talk to people freely when I am alone with that person. Even in a group of 3, you don't expect me to talk much. Never worry that you two have left me out. For I am fine with people talking, just that I can't speak well in a group. I don't know why too. You can expect me to listen to you...but when it comes to giving advices, don't expect me to be of much help coz I don't know how to talk. Not that I don't understand what people means at times, it is more of me not knowing how to express what I am thinking. Everything that I want to say out will be mixed up in my mind like puzzle pieces...if I were to speak what I think, I think whoever is listening to me will have to pieced up those puzzles into a picture. And certainly most of the time, people won't understand those pieces of stuffs that I am talking about. So I guess writing down is simply the best method you can get me talking clearly what I am thinking. Isn't that the reason most people would like to blog or wrote a diary to voice out what they really have in their minds? Bet whoever is reading this is one of them... :P

Haha...so yes...I will suddenly become super quiet when you put me in a group. Yet, when only there is the two of us, you can see me talking non-stop if you put me in a right topic that I can link to. I know people always mistaken me as someone being cold. Seriously, this is just my face and my appearance. If you can talk to me, I won't turn away. I listen more than I talk. You probably need some time to get to know me before you can talk to me because I don't talk well in front of people I don't know well. I guess I only cracked up with my hall friends only like one year after knowing them? :p My most bubbly character has probably been seen by my best friend Ying Wah only, for I will act like a kid who is too happy to see my best friend around...so ya that's a little thing you need to know about me too...haha... :) So thank God for giving me those friends who I can share my problems to (Ying Wah, Weng, Belle, Brian, Sis Jaz...)...Thank God I found you guys!

"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you...Amen!"

No comments: