Friday, August 18, 2006

Music heals the soul...


Today is another day with not many happening events (only look forward to the service at night by A.R.Bernard...so stay tune ya?) Haha...so I probably can share with you all my love for my music? :P

When I was young I like to listen to Chinese songs as I could only catch what the Chinese singers were singing then. You can guess how bad I am in speaking English. So I make a decision to improve my English by changing my lifestyle such that most of them would be involved with some English as well. This was what I learnt from my scholars friends back in DHS who refused to speak to you in Chinese even though you don't know what they are speaking. Slowly, I watched only English dramas and movies, listen to English pop music, and speak English more to my friends. Haha...and now I listen more of English songs to Chinese songs...haha...

Sometimes your preference of music also differs as your mood swings. When you are depressed, you would want to avoid any sad music coz they would make you want to cry. When you are tired and probably just back from work, you would want to turn on some soothing melodies so you can have a good rest. When you are happy, you might want to blast yourself with some loud music that can brighten up the whole atmosphere and probably make you wanna dance a little.

In my music world, I probably have to thank Brian for he lent me many of his CDs (I would return them back to you when I found them...sorry...) and for influencing me and teaching me how to play guitar. To me, you can never live without music. If there is no music in your life, you probably live in a world that is just black and white. Still remember the lyrics from the song "Let The Music Heals Your Soul"? It goes like this in the chorus: "Let the music heals your soul...Let the music takes control...Let the music gives you the power to move any mountain..." Indeed, you know what so nice about watching those movies with romance, love? Don't you realise everytime when the lovers inside couldn't see each other or they are looking for one another or simply they fall in love, the music comes. Without it, the effect of the romantic atmosphere would not be significant. Without it, the audience would not be moved by the stories and teared. Music is something that is neccessary for our souls...

In the early morning, I would play some Christian songs before my quiet time and to feel fresh and warm by His love for the day. I would practice a little of strumming on my guitar in the morning whenever I am free or don't have lesson that day. In the afternoon as I study for my work, I would tune into some English pop or rock or rap or just music that will wake you up...haha...so I would have enough energy to last me for my work. At night, I would just turn on some soothing melodies or anything that makes me feel relax and happy...and can put me to sleep! :p Haha...that's how much I love my music in my everyday life...and how much I appreciate it in my life...welcome to my world! :P


Let The Music Heal Your Soul
by Nsync, Arron Carter, Boyzone, Backstreet Boys, The Moffatts

Oh, if someone writes a song with a simple rhyme,
Just a song
Where his feelings show...

And if someone feels the same about this simple song
Oh, and sometimes,
you can hear them say
music gives you happiness or sadness
But it also, it also heals your soul...

Let the music heal your soul
Let the music take control
Let the music give you the power to move any mountain

Oh, if someone plays piano
With some simple chords
Symbolic and endearing too

And know if someone plays guitar with the old piano,
Then maybe you can hear them sing
Music gives you happiness or sadness
But it also, also heals your soul
Oh yes...

Let the music heal your soul
Let the music take control
Let the music heal your soul
Let the music heal your soul
Let the music take control..

No comments: